Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This is a interesting topic considering you go on about how the Sharks continually take a dive in the postseason. Past 4 years Sharks get over 100 points and all 4 years they tank in the playoffs. Seems like that logo may mean something. NHL players have been polled and found that the Wings are the most respected team in the NHL, and they also have the best coach (ESPNthemagazine). There is more to winning than just the players. Coaches, front office, and yes even the logo helps all of this.
Yup you just proved my point. Its the players they have that are causing it. They play great in the regular season because its not about heart. In the post season when it matters most Marleau and largely Jumbo the 2 stars dont play with any heart. look at Marleaus stats. That was why they stripped him of the C. Its part knowing how to win, part heart, and part skill at this time of the year. The Sharks stars dont have the key element heart and regardless of the crest it wont change. Its also why almost 50% of the team is knew this year and the second and third lines are the ones who are getting it done and keeping them in it.

Quote:
On another point you continually bring up how poorly the wings played this season and that the salary cap would finally hit the Wings. 9 players out at 1 point due to injuries and growing pains of a Rookie goalie led to a big part of why the Wings suffered through the first part of the season. After the Olympic break you are presented with the hottest team in the NHL and pretty much healthy roster. Another point about that roster is most of the core players came through our system, not through FA.
I dont recall saying they played poorly. I thought I said they were an average to slightly above average team now because the salary cap has taken its toll. This is the concept you cant seem to wrap your brain around. Whats funny is NHL analysts all said this would happen last year and they were right. Somehow you know more then them though. The injuries exposed the lack of depth to fill the gaps when people go down. Wings teams pre cap had much more depth of star power and would have kept rolling.

Quote:
I don't see the Wings losing another game this series.

I'm wondering if most of your comments just come from hating the Wings so much
We will see about the wins

My comments are largely caused by the fans. They seem to not look at things objectively because the franchise has a great history. When shown logic they just keep chanting the same montra. The issue is many young wings fans have never known the bad Wings team so its difficult for them to grasp that it could happen.

The crazy thing is if 1-4 get eliminated the Wings would become my favorite to win. That would be painfull as humbleness seems missing from your posts. Stuff like your everyone says were the best and we have the best coach. The Series is tied 2 to 2. It seems after both wins now you have called the series. I just dont see those posts from anyone else in this thread much people display more humility.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #1642
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

In an attempt to keep this thread on the right state of mind I am actually not going to give my opinion on your posts any longer Christos. Went to delete my last post, but it had been more than 15 min. Tom I have no issues if you make the post go area 51.

My appologies for taking this thread where it shouldnt be. I will keep my nose out of the Wings Yotes discussion or any further Wings discussion till or if they play the Sharks. I will stick to the other series.

My pics for tonight are Caps, Sabs, Kings. Going to be exciting tonight.

Wen
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #1643
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Here we go OT # 2

TUUUKKKA!!!!
LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #1644
kugie
Have My Own Room

What a game up and down all Night.
I don't know how they do it. Miller was awesome Tuukka was Awesome.
Great game all around
And the Bruins win in Double OT.

I love playoff Hockey.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #1645
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Great game
Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #1646
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

I think I have a man crush on Tuukka Rask.
GO Bruins!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #1647
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thought the Kings were going to make it 3-1 tonight. Stupid Canucks.

Another great night tomorrow... I wish it wasn't so far away.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #1648
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
I dont recall saying they played poorly. I thought I said they were an average to slightly above average team now because the salary cap has taken its toll. This is the concept you cant seem to wrap your brain around. Whats funny is NHL analysts all said this would happen last year and they were right. Somehow you know more then them though. The injuries exposed the lack of depth to fill the gaps when people go down. Wings teams pre cap had much more depth of star power and would have kept rolling.
At one point they had 9 players out and to remain competitive I would say shows they have a deep team. There are only a few teams that could lose so many players and keep themselves within shouting distance of a playoff spot. So maybe a definition of "depth" would help the conversation.

Quote:
My comments are largely caused by the fans. They seem to not look at things objectively because the franchise has a great history. When shown logic they just keep chanting the same montra. The issue is many young wings fans have never known the bad Wings team so its difficult for them to grasp that it could happen.

The crazy thing is if 1-4 get eliminated the Wings would become my favorite to win. That would be painfull as humbleness seems missing from your posts. Stuff like your everyone says were the best and we have the best coach. The Series is tied 2 to 2. It seems after both wins now you have called the series. I just dont see those posts from anyone else in this thread much people display more humility.
That point that I brought up was a poll done by ESPN the magazine of NHL teams. They voted and those were the results. Never did I say the Wings were the best team either, the poll said they were the most respected. Plus I cited that in my last post. Now obviously I love the Wings but I cannot honestly say they are the best team this year. I'm biased towards them for sure, but isn't that the point of being a diehard fan? I can look at the league objectively but I'd never root against my team. I'm glad I missed the years of the "Dead Wings". I'm also glad that pretty much all of my 23 years the Wings have been a great team. I have enough agony since my favorite football team is the Lions
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 AM   #1649
kugie
Have My Own Room

Quote:
I have enough agony since my favorite football team is the Lions
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #1650
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thought the Kings were going to make it 3-1 tonight. Stupid Canucks.
Once again, the Kings fail to play an entire game. They either start great and end with a wimper, or start slowly and find a way to turn it on. Until they learn to put a full 60 minutes together they won't be going anywhere. Of course a little 5 on 5 scoring would be nice, too. Going 9 for 16 on the PP is great, but getting outscored 5-10 at even strength does not win a series.

We'll see. I still have faith. They already won one in BC, hopefully they can do it again and hold serve at home. At least I'll get to go to a third playoff game at Staples!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #1651
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by romwarrior View Post
Once again, the Kings fail to play an entire game. They either start great and end with a wimper, or start slowly and find a way to turn it on. Until they learn to put a full 60 minutes together they won't be going anywhere. Of course a little 5 on 5 scoring would be nice, too. Going 9 for 16 on the PP is great, but getting outscored 5-10 at even strength does not win a series.

We'll see. I still have faith. They already won one in BC, hopefully they can do it again and hold serve at home. At least I'll get to go to a third playoff game at Staples!
I will be rooting for the Kings, Brett.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #1652
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
I will be rooting for the Kings, Brett.

I still am rooting for them, I just didnt think the Canucks would lose last night.
I was really suprised the Sabs let the lead slip and lost in double OT. I thought I had that game nailed. The Caps was an easy call.

As for tonight I am banking on the Hawks. All western series have followed the same pattern and I am banking on the Hawks to make it 4 for 4 making their series 2-2.

As for the Sharks its going to be goaltending and if the Sharks 1st line decides to show up. I think the Avs showed a good game plan against the Sharks in game 4 and kept it close. Nabokov doesnt get shutouts in the playoffs so if Line 1 doesnt show up tonight I think they may not win. Your second and third lines cant be counted on to win/ steal more than a game or two and they have done that. Its now time for the people that get paid to do their damn job.

Pittsburg seems a no brainer given how badly they dominated the last game and the sexy pick is flyers as the Marty just isnt playing out of his mind and they need that against a confident flyers team.

So I will go Hawks, Pens, Flyers. Bad karma to call your own game so I wont give a guess on the 4th game.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #1653
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:

As for tonight I am banking on the Hawks. All western series have followed the same pattern and I am banking on the Hawks to make it 4 for 4 making their series 2-2.
Hope you are right, Mike.

Sounds like Campbell will be back tonight, I guess the Preds will target him hard if he is. Hawks are also scratching Ben Eager and Colin Fraser for Adam Burish and Bryan Bickell, with Bickell going on the number #1 line with Toews and Kane.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #1654
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Hope you are right, Mike.

Sounds like Campbell will be back tonight, I guess the Preds will target him hard if he is. Hawks are also scratching Ben Eager and Colin Fraser for Adam Burish and Bryan Bickell, with Bickell going on the number #1 line with Toews and Kane.
Lets hope this will help things. Can't wait for the game tonight.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #1655
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Lets hope this will help things. Can't wait for the game tonight.
I am pumped!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #1656
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Unrelated and I dont care. Micah got his second goal of the season. 4.5 years old and I believe only kid in the league five or under with more than one. Generally the 6 year olds and the kids who have turned 7 since january score the goals.

Bad Quality Pic from their team newsletter. Loving the stride.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #1657
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post
unrelated and i dont care. Micah got his second goal of the season. 4.5 years old and i believe only kid in the league five or under with more than one. Generally the 6 year olds and the kids who have turned 7 since january score the goals.

Bad quality pic from their team newsletter. Loving the stride.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #1658
kugie
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Unrelated and I dont care. Micah got his second goal of the season. 4.5 years old and I believe only kid in the league five or under with more than one. Generally the 6 year olds and the kids who have turned 7 since january score the goals.

That's Great
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #1659
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Mike, that is awesome. Kudos to Micah.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #1660
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I have to admit that these 8:30 MDT games are wearing on me.... I am not use to staying up this late on worknights..... Maybe it is what I am quenching my thirst with while watching....

Quote:

Good stuff Mike....
Closed Thread