Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #1541
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Besides the series with "your" team in it, what series are you looking most forward to in the playoffs?

For me, it is the Wings Vs the 'Yotes. Should be awesome hockey.
Just locked myself into some tickets for the first home game of the Wings/Yotes series

Vancouver vs LA because I think Vancouver is a weak 3 seed and I'm looking for LA to upset them. I'll be watching both the Sharks and the Blackhawks games very closely.

The Eastern conference games don't excite me. I was thinking maybe Boston vs Buffalo but I say Ryan Miller already has the series locked up. I don't think Boston has the goal scoring ability to really knock off the Sabres.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #1542
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Besides the series with "your" team in it, what series are you looking most forward to in the playoffs?

For me, it is the Wings Vs the 'Yotes. Should be awesome hockey.
I agree, the series with the best potential for great hockey is probably the Wings vs. 'Yotes. But, I'm always looking for an upset. Partially because of the Hawks goalie situation, I think the Preds could give them a run for their money. It's kind of contingent on how tight the games are officiated. Games with a lot of penalties significantly improve the Hawks chances as the Preds penalty kill is abysmal. The fact that Nashville has never won a playoff series doesn't help them either.

And I agree the Bruins/Sabres series could end up a tight one. As good as Miller is, the Sabres will have a hard time scoring too, IMO. It's always tough winning 2-1 games.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #1543
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Partially because of the Hawks goalie situation, I think the Preds could give them a run for their money.
It definitely won't be a cakewalk for the Hawks, and Rinne V. Niemi could be the difference, Joel.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #1544
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

two series I am looking forward to are besides sharks are kings and canucks as it could get really nasty, and the wings yotes cause I love getting my hate on for the wings.

I just don't see the Sharks and Hawks series as having a big chance of upset, but you never know. As to the East I still think 1-4 will advance
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #1545
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

I want to give a big shout-out to the Toronto Maple leafs. Thanks for sucking so bad this year and thanks for the 2nd overall pick in June. Go Bruins!

P.S.
Hope you suck next year also!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #1546
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It definitely won't be a cakewalk for the Hawks, and Rinne V. Niemi could be the difference, Joel.
Plenty of analysts are saying it will be a cakewalk, Tom. I've been hearing a lot of early prediction are Hawks vs Caps in the Cup finals.

However, I'm with you. I don't think it's a sure thing. Of course you will also get introduced to Playoff HOssa, who likes to disappear when you need him.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #1547
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Plenty of analysts are saying it will be a cakewalk, Tom. I've been hearing a lot of early prediction are Hawks vs Caps in the Cup finals.

However, I'm with you. I don't think it's a sure thing. Of course you will also get introduced to Playoff HOssa, who likes to disappear when you need him.
I am betting on Hossa to change that impression, Christos, but as you said, we shall see. Biggest issue now is how Niemi will respond if the Hawks fall behind early at home.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #1548
mtaill
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
mtaill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldanders View Post
I want to give a big shout-out to the Toronto Maple leafs. Thanks for sucking so bad this year and thanks for the 2nd overall pick in June. Go Bruins!

P.S.

Burke must be kicking himself in the nuts right about now!
So I guess you guys will either get Tyler or Tayler!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #1549
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Went to the local ECHL deciding game 5 last night.... Good guys won and will be advancing.... Not bad seats either....

GO AVS!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #1550
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaill View Post

Burke must be kicking himself in the nuts right about now!
So I guess you guys will either get Tyler or Tayler!
lol
so he is kicking himself in the nuts because he traded for a young 30 goal scorer vs a draft pick who may or may not ever even play in the nhl? Maybe I should find that gigantic list of 1st and 2nd picks in the past who never make the nhl. Or the huge list of top5 picks who never make it.

I would take the proven product who is very young vs a kid who may never sniff the show. As Burke said today time will tell. How many GMs and coaches did Ott rip through recently for horrible moves? Boston has made some beauties also. Hello pot this is the kettle.

Hows Cheecho working out? We are loving heater. Jumbo isn't to bad either Boston.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 04-14-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #1551
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:

P.S.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #1552
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
lol
so he is kicking himself in the nuts because he traded for a young 30 goal scorer vs a draft pick who may or may not ever even play in the nhl? Maybe I should find that gigantic list of 1st and 2nd picks in the past who never make the nhl. Or the huge list of top5 picks who never make it.

I would take the proven product who is very young vs a kid who may never sniff the show. As Burke said today time will tell. How many GMs and coaches did Ott rip through recently for horrible moves? Boston has made some beauties also. Hello pot this is the kettle.

Hows Cheecho working out? We are loving heater. Jumbo isn't to bad either Boston.
There are alot of top five players who don't make it that is the chance you take. I think dumping a cancer for two first round Picks from a shitty team is a good deal even if he is a proven talent.

Jumbo Joe will have a grat year he sucks when it's on the line and he has to be one of the laziest people on the Ice I ever saw.
Lets see how good he does in the playoffs this year as well.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #1553
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

that we shall. My point is and was the got a proven goal scorer for a unproven. That was not really directed at you though. I just lumped yours in because it was in the same vein. I was trying to point that many teams make trades that end up not being the best. I don't think it was a horrible trade and I think both the sens and b's have made worse in recent time.

Now back on track. WOW 2 games down 2 2oad team wins. Strong possibility of Wings win, and you never know if my Sharks will fail to show up yet again.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #1554
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Nice way to start a series.

Boucher looked pretty good tonight, and the D played especially well in front of him. One of the best games I saw Coburn play all year.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #1555
kazzaca

Philly definitely stepped it up to playoff level hockey tonight. They were patient and smart...not really qualities they're know for!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #1556
kazzaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
lol
How many GMs and coaches did Ott rip through recently for horrible moves? Boston has made some beauties also. Hello pot this is the kettle.

Ottawa didn't exactly have much of a choice with Heatley...he forced them to trade him and then he wouldn't waive his no-trade clause when they set up the trade with Edmonton.

Cheechoo was a bust but they didn't want him, they were basically forced to take him as part of the deal so they could get rid of Heatley. At least they got Michalek out of the deal, if not for his injury he probably would have gotten 30 goals this year.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #1557
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

YES!

Nice way to start the series for the Avs....
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #1558
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

yay sens!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #1559
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

4 great games. Craig gets a win in SJ, Sens beat Sid the Squid, Detroit loses and Philly takes advantage of their opportunities. Got to see all 4 games, smoked some cigars...life is good.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #1560
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
YES!

Nice way to start the series for the Avs....
Nice win for the AVs. They came with a good plan. They clogged the nuetral zone and were faster to the puck. Funny at the start of the second I had a bad felling and went to the gym. Made the right choice. They were saying almost 50% of the Sharks team is new this year, but watching them play they were scared. They didnt want to make a mistake which resulted in a goal. I got to wonder if they will fully implode now or bounce back. I hope they bounce back and make this a long series, but I sold my first 3 games as I have no intrest in watching another epic playoff fail.

Rob Blake should be on AVS payroll. His Penalty in the second resulted in the AVS first goal and Stewarts goal went in off his skate for the winner. I have been ripping on Blake for months. He takes penalties in almost every game and they always seem to result in PP goals.

OOO and go YOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im loving that series. I know many canucks and some none canucks dont think hockey belongs in AZ, but having been to a few games there I think its good for the area.

Agreed Tom watched the Pens Sens, the end of the Jersey game and a lot of the PHX game. Great hockey today.
Closed Thread