Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default 2013 into 2014

I just wanted to post a thread about this past year a bit and whats ahead in 2014.

Like all years this past year has had it's ups and downs but I feel very thankful and grateful that I've had more ups than downs. I started out 2013 by losing my 17 year old cat Elvis and I was just a lad when I got him and he was with me at almost every key moment in my life so I had a real history with that little pain in the a$$ but I loved him so tough break to start the year. I was able to clear most of the major debt financially so that was awesome and a big boost to me buying cigars this year and boost my collection. Got promoted at the hospital I work at as well as open a new state of the art Hospital within our system and am enjoying the environment there as it's less stressful. I haven't been hospitalized with my Chronic Pancreatits in 2 years so my streak continues as well as having only went to the ER once this past year and i was taken care of and released after that so that's a huge deal to me. Bought a Labrador/ Golden retriever hybrid puppy named Gus who is already full sized at 5 months old so the vet tells me he'll hit 120 - 150 easy which is fine because he's nothing but a big goofball. Rescued 2 cats from the humane society (Walter & Jessie Girl) who have been amazing for the family and Walter reminds me so much of Elvis it scares me. Had a great Thanksgiving with my brother visiting from Colorado who also decided to flaunt his new $80,000+ a year job by buying me a playstation 4 with every release game because he's nuts spending that kind of money on me but that's just the way we are with each other. We're very close and I always took care of him growing up or if he was ever unemployed and he's always taken care of me as well if I ever needed anything. Christmas was great with the family. Not a blowout with gifts like I usually do with them but this year we were all happy just to be around each other with our health. At my job I've worked with predominantly female coworkers for 7+ years with 3 men in my departments and 20 women. So, we had to hire quite a few new employee's and my good fortune was that we hired all men who were all in my age group (mid 30's) and they all love smoking cigars. Once I let them in on the fact that i've been in the cigar game since 2004 (seriously but casually since 1999) and they were all newcomers to it so I've been a source of knowledge to them which in turn has refueled my passion for rolled & fermented tobacco. I've referred them all here and in time I hope they join us soon but it led me back to seriously participating at CA again after a brief hiatus.
With the new year I'm looking forward to trying new things and running my little vote/contest and buying CC's i've never tried or thought to buy as long as I can financially do it until the end of the year. Can't wait to meet and herf with all you guys again and also getting to finally hang with Peter (Pnoon) this year after SOOO many years of chatting on the forums with him and to reconnect with my fellow BOTL and hopefully connect a few newcomers here and really make 2014 a special year.
That's all guys, thanks for listening and letting me rant a bit. Sorry if it was a bit long but I've always tried to be an open book here to you all my friends. If only I could get you all to move down here and then we could finally have EPIC HERF's every weekend! I can always dream right? Thank you ALL for the knowledge you've passed on to me, making me laugh and smile every day, and most importantly just being my friend.

Oh and lose some weight this year..........