Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #1561
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Anyone have a Tissot? Found a sharp all black one but wanted to see if anyone has any positives or negatives about the brand before I purchased. Thanks
I've had a T-Touch for 7 years, one of my go-tos for daily wear. I've had no issues at all, love that watch.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #1562
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough

Wife and kids truly humbled me today

And a munky bracelet from 877!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #1563
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Laco Bonn is still my EDW but I saving to by myself a present soon:
Old 12-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #1564
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Trying to decide which face to get, leaning towards the brown:
Old 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #1565
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

I like the cases on those Shane, I'd go brown
Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1566
Robulous78

x2 with Brian, Go brown...
Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #1567
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
Veatorious will become famous soon enough

The brown dial is money IMHO.
Veatorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #1568
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

Montecristo

Quote:
Anyone have a Tissot? Found a sharp all black one but wanted to see if anyone has any positives or negatives about the brand before I purchased. Thanks
I don't know if this response is past its expiration date or not, but figured I would provide my .2 cents.

Background- Tissot is part of the watch giant Swatch Group. Tissot, Certina, and Hamilton are all brands classified within their mid tear group of offerings. All of the noted brands are very well known across the mainstream watch world and have authorized dealers in almost every major city in the US. This is a bonus when it come to repairs/service. In addition all of the noted brands are respected.

But in all honesty, forget the brand on the dial and just ask yourself these question(s)- what movement do you prefer (auto or quartz). What case size fits your wrist best (38mm, 40mm, 42mm, or larger). What case styling fits your personality (dress or diver). Do you prefer a bracelet (medal), rubber, or a leather strap. And most importantly who is backing the watch when it comes to repairs or service. If this Tissot checks all your boxes so to speak then it's a winner, pull the damn trigger. At any rate If you have some other questions or want suggestions within the Tissot price point hit me up. There is a lot of killer micro brands out there with impressive offerings.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #1569
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

My latest..got a couple Amazon gift cards so I snagged this:

Invicta Subaqua Noma III, it's a beast!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #1570
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the response. Im getting married in May and will be wearing a tux. I have a TAG but its brown and dont want to wear it with a black tux. Saw a 42mm black automatic Tissot that looked sharp for a dress watch for around 400 bucks. Just wanted to reaffirm that its a pretty good watch. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veatorious View Post
I don't know if this response is past its expiration date or not, but figured I would provide my .2 cents.

Background- Tissot is part of the watch giant Swatch Group. Tissot, Certina, and Hamilton are all brands classified within their mid tear group of offerings. All of the noted brands are very well known across the mainstream watch world and have authorized dealers in almost every major city in the US. This is a bonus when it come to repairs/service. In addition all of the noted brands are respected.

But in all honesty, forget the brand on the dial and just ask yourself these question(s)- what movement do you prefer (auto or quartz). What case size fits your wrist best (38mm, 40mm, 42mm, or larger). What case styling fits your personality (dress or diver). Do you prefer a bracelet (medal), rubber, or a leather strap. And most importantly who is backing the watch when it comes to repairs or service. If this Tissot checks all your boxes so to speak then it's a winner, pull the damn trigger. At any rate If you have some other questions or want suggestions within the Tissot price point hit me up. There is a lot of killer micro brands out there with impressive offerings.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1571
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

Montecristo

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Im getting married in May and will be wearing a tux. I have a TAG but its brown and dont want to wear it with a black tux. Saw a 42mm black automatic Tissot that looked sharp for a dress watch for around 400 bucks. Just wanted to reaffirm that its a pretty good watch. Thanks again.
Congrats on the wedding. I wish I has the model number on the Tissot to bench it against others, but it sounds like a decent piece. Just for kicks, take a look at the following options. FYI- for a dress watch don't exceed the 42mm case size, especially when in a tux.

Hamilton Valiant (Hamilton is a step above Tissot in the SwatchGroup)
Hamilton Jazzmaster
Seiko Sarb (Great line, phenomenal movements)-(seiyajapan is a great site)
Christopher Ward (if in the US make sure to note this in the google search)

In closing, the $400-$500 range will land you a great dress watch, with the TAG still being a great every day watch.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #1572
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Typically, I would recommend not wearing a watch with a Tux.

http://watchfreaks.wordpress.com/200...tches-tuxedos/
Old 01-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #1573
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Thank you, had my eye on this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0064C...ef=mp_s_a_1_26

I will check out the ones you mentioned. After reading the article above this post the watch I like might be too flashy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veatorious View Post
Congrats on the wedding. I wish I has the model number on the Tissot to bench it against others, but it sounds like a decent piece. Just for kicks, take a look at the following options. FYI- for a dress watch don't exceed the 42mm case size, especially when in a tux.

Hamilton Valiant (Hamilton is a step above Tissot in the SwatchGroup)
Hamilton Jazzmaster
Seiko Sarb (Great line, phenomenal movements)-(seiyajapan is a great site)
Christopher Ward (if in the US make sure to note this in the google search)

In closing, the $400-$500 range will land you a great dress watch, with the TAG still being a great every day watch.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #1574
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

Montecristo

Quote:
Thank you, had my eye on this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0064C...ef=mp_s_a_1_26

I will check out the ones you mentioned. After reading the article above this post the watch I like might be too flashy.
That's not a bad watch bud. Chronographs are not too common with formal dress watches, but who cares. Buy what YOU want, not what others prefer. I only sport divers, always have and always will. They are just more my style. I personally wear a Omega Planet Ocean for all occasions. The Omega PO is classified as a diver, but can be played in many environments including in a tux. I actually change by straps weekly based on the week ahead. A simple strap change can change the watches appearance more than you can imagine. (Bracelet, Rubber, Nylon, and Leather).

FYI- That Tissot is a quartz, so battery changes will be required. However, quartz movements are accurate. If the Tissot is going to be a second watch, having a quartz may not be a bad thing. Because owning autos will require daily wear, winding, or you will need to place the watch on a winder. And based on how fast/slow the watch is running you will need to adjust the time accordingly.

Good luck. Once you narrow it down let us know what you purchased by posting a pic.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #1575
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

^^^this, I wear my Brietling Superocean for all occasions, because I like it. Just like cigars wear what you like.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #1576
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWhisenand View Post
^^^this, I wear my Brietling Superocean for all occasions, because I like it. Just like cigars wear what you like.
Word.

And nice choice with the Brietling.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #1577
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Dressed up my diver today for court, bracelet changes the whole look

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  102.0 KB
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #1578
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

very nice Mike. The color of the dress shirt definitely brings the most out of it as well. Looking sharp is an understatement.
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #1579
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
very nice Mike. The color of the dress shirt definitely brings the most out of it as well. Looking sharp is an understatement.
Thanks Edwin
Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #1580
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I have had my two invictas now and had a chance to wear both. I am sure most everyone saw the pics of the one I bought which is a two tone gold and silver 47 mm Pro Diver, and the one I was bombed by Mark (Conch Republican) which is a silver Pro Diver at 39 or 40 mms. I love them both so far. I would also say that the one Mark sent me seems to glow better at night than the one I bought. The magnification window is a plus for me on the invictas as I couldn't see the date on the old watch I was wearing that doesn't have this feature.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote