Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #141
ArgusP2
It's Smokin' Time!

First Name: Angel
Trading: (13)
RA
ArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mobile Stogie moving to new owner!

You update the database through the app itself not through the Apple Store.
Posted via Mobile Device
ArgusP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #142
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgusP2 View Post
You update the database through the app itself not through the Apple Store.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's right.
Go to the reference screen and press the circled arrow (not sure what else to call it) near the bottom right hand corner.
Posted via Mobile Device
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #143
Bacchus

HOO HAA!! Thanks a million to ArgusP2 and aich75013. That takes care of a pretty good part of my problem with this app. I sure appreciate it, guys.

Bacchus
Old 04-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #144
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

If you...

Do a review
Add a photo from the camera roll
Save the review
Delete the photo from the camera roll
The review will crash the app if you try to look at it

Just FYI
Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #145
Bacchus

Why, shucks. I can make the app crash easier than that. If I go to the 'review' page and click on the little magnifying glass symbol in the lower left corner of the page, it'll crash immediately and I end up back on my home page looking at all those cute little icons.

Bacchus
Old 04-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #146
ArgusP2
It's Smokin' Time!

First Name: Angel
Trading: (13)
RA
ArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Why, shucks. I can make the app crash easier than that. If I go to the 'review' page and click on the little magnifying glass symbol in the lower left corner of the page, it'll crash immediately and I end up back on my home page looking at all those cute little icons.

Bacchus
Yeah, same here...
ArgusP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #147
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

yep
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #148
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
If you...

Do a review
Save the review

Just FYI
This is good to know. Personally, I'm too ambitionally-challenged (lazy) to attempt to put photos into my cigar listings, though.

Bacchus
Old 04-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #149
DWCR_Bob

Quote:
If you...

Do a review
Save the review

Just FYI
This is because you deleted the source of the photo, the photo itself is not in Mobile Stogie, just a reference to it in the camera roll. This is too save database space on the device.

Last edited by DWCR_Bob; 04-16-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #150
DWCR_Bob

Quote:

Bacchus
This I will look in to fixing and would encourage you to submit such problems via the support at mobilestogie dot com email address so we can address them quickly.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #151
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWCR_Bob View Post
This is because you deleted the source of the photo, the photo itself is not in Mobile Stogie, just a reference to it in the camera roll. This is too save database space on the device.
Oh i knew WHY it happened, just wanted to make sure it got picked up as it is still a defect. Then again, I should have emailed it in too.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #152
Research-Colin

Quote:
Why, shucks.

Bacchus
Thanks for pointing this out. Somehow this snuck through the testing process. As Bob said, we're working on it.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #153
DWCR_Bob

Quote:
Oh i knew WHY it happened, just wanted to make sure it got picked up as it is still a defect. Then again, I should have emailed it in too.
A simple workaround that cleans up many of these type issues is to close all of your running apps using the task bar and then power off/power on the device.

Double tap the HOME button, tap and hold on any running application in the displayed tab bar until it begins to shake and a red X appears. Click on the red X to close the app. Close all running apps. Use the Power Switch to power off and then back on the device.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #154
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

Partagas

What you should do is check to see if the image exists, if not, Remove it from the review and inform the user.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #155
Research-Colin

We have created another update for Mobile Stogie! It is a lot of work but as you know, this is a passion project. It was submitted to Apple a few days ago so it should be approved within a week or so. Any problems that you may have with it should be fixed. This includes users deleting photos and other items.

The appearance of the app is also updated in this version. In addition to the functionality changes, there is a sleek new design that I think is quite attractive.

We are learning as we go but we're getting better and I think this version is a major improvement to the app. We've got a long list of features we want to add and modify and we plan to chip away at the list as time goes on.

Thanks again for all your support. I really want this to be the best cigar app out there so please keep sending suggestions and ideas to support@mobilestogie.com.

Sincerely,
Colin
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #156
Research-Colin

Quote:
If you...

Do a review
Save the review

Just FYI
By the way, if you delete a photo that is supposed to show up in one of your reviews it will not show up. The app doesn't store the photos separately from your camera roll. So if you want to see the photos, don't delete them. This remains true in the update forthcoming but the app won't shut down anymore if you delete a photo and then try to access it through the app.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #157
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
By the way, if you delete a photo that is supposed to show up in one of your reviews it will not show up. The app doesn't store the photos separately from your camera roll. So if you want to see the photos, don't delete them. This remains true in the update forthcoming but the app won't shut down anymore if you delete a photo and then try to access it through the app.
As long as the defect is fixed Its cool beans with me!! Software is all about graceful handling of things! The app should NEVER shut down on response to a user action, unless it is a closing action.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #158
Bacchus

The update is nice but it didn't correct the problem of going to the 'reviews' page, clicking on the little magnifying glass symbol and being taken immediately out of the app and back to my home page. Sorry - no win, no cigar.

Bacchus
Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #159
Bacchus

Ahaa! More progress is made. The glitch regarding being closed out of the app by clicking on the search icon has been cured. These folks are really working to perfect this app and I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to them. I appreciate their efforts.

Bacchus
Old 05-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #160
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

Partagas

Even giving the issues, which are becoming ever more slight, I love this app for what it is. I would like to see weekly reference updates but given that it is not a full time gig for them it is what it is. I still give it two thumbs up. If you could work out a way to import the humidors from the previous version you would make a TON of people happy!