Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default An Employee Dedicated To Serving...not

It seems she took issue with what turned out to be a local radio reporter parallel parking.
Bad bus driver bad...

http://www.wtop.com/109/3046793/Metr...-me-Miss-Metro
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: An Employee Dedicated To Serving...not

Impatient, that's what society is today.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'm going to play devils advocate a bit here......Not to intentionally take the other side but I see this another way.

He probably did this whole thing on purpose, everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame. Come on he's a news reporter...how convenient is this for him to have his Iphone so handy and this to happen to him....I'm calling B.S and it was clearly a setup.

Here me out for a minute....

Of course what she did was wrong, not going to argue that at all. BUT....the punishment here doesn't fit the crime.

Listen to his voice, just sounds like a whinny entitled dude with a camera phone nagging someone at work. Always wants to video something and make a fuss. Maybe she had a bad day, who knows. The first thing he does is ask for her name to get her in trouble, doesn't even ask for an apology or give her a chance to make it right. NOT COOL.

A simple write up and warning would have sufficed. This kinda stuff doesn't need to be news anywhere and certainly shouldn't effect someones position at a job more than a slap on the wrist for a first time offense.

I have been flipped off and flipped off I dunno 20-30 drivers or so....never a video anywhere and nothing ever became of it. No one cared either way, me or them. It happens, life moves on.

Some people are too sensitive and out for their own career advancement that they will screw with other peoples jobs to get ahead, that ain't right.

If he just demanded an apology and moved on I would have given him A LOT more credit.

Delete my post if it's going to ruin the thread or whatever.

EDIT News reporters set this kinda stuff up ALL THE TIME.....
Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I tend to think Bill might be on to something. Guy jumps on a bus, confrontational..."Did you have something you wanted to say to me?". I didn't see anything out of line from the driver, and regarding the incident that led up to it, all we have is the reporter's word.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
68TriShield
Got Torque?

HUpmann

I doubt it. The radio station is a DC and surrounding area long time part of the community.The reporter is well known as well.
Do you live in the area Bill? Are you familiar with Metro and their substandard management?
Washingtonians are well aware of the bull crap surrounding DC Metro.It's been going on for years without let up.

Next time try a little research before having diarrhea of the mouth in one of my threads.I don't appreciate it one bit.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Sorry for my part in it, Dave, I guess it's tough to get a gauge in a 60 second video.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
68TriShield
Got Torque?

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Sorry for my part in it, Dave, I guess it's tough to get a gauge in a 60 second video.
Understood Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
I doubt it. The radio station is a DC and surrounding area long time part of the community.The reporter is well known as well.
Do you live in the area Bill? Are you familiar with Metro and their substandard management?
Washingtonians are well aware of the bull crap surrounding DC Metro.It's been going on for years without let up.

Next time try a little research before having diarrhea of the mouth in one of my threads.I don't appreciate it one bit.
I seriously doubt your questions will get an answer, Dave. But I think we all know the answers.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
68TriShield
Got Torque?

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I seriously doubt your questions will get an answer, Dave. But I think we all know the answers.
Yes I think we do.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

She had better communication skills than most Metro employee's I've met
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
This sounds like you're trying to taunt me into posting something else, frankly both of you are. Fine I'll play along....but I was staying out it. I said my piece and I left

No I don't live there but you knew that already. I'm sorry, you're right about everything that happens there, I don't get my own opinion at all because living there means everything, and I have a horrible potty mouth. What did I say though really? Having a different opinion than you isn't diarrhea of the mouth.

I wasn't attacking you at all, and you immediately started acting me for having my own opinion and playing a bit of "what-if" or this can probably be seen 2 ways. I had the decency not to respond further, I was trying to be nice.

Here's how it SHOULD have been handled to keep the thread going fine.

"You know what Bill I understand that it could have been a setup for his own benefit, but unfortunately from what I have seen these people do this all the time. We know the reporter and he is just trying to get a bad system exposed and changed. He's not the type that is out solely for his own benefit."

Would that have been too much to ask for? This could have easily been dismissed in an adult manner but you chose not to and I'd really like to know why.

I don't think living in any specific area necessarily gives you the edge on every possible situation that occurs there. Sure you have some background and that helps but there's no way you should immediately dismiss someone else's opinion based solely on geographical location.

Also as far as substandard management goes this lady wasn't management and she was punished quite harshly. So I can't see where you are going there.

How do you know I didn't do some research? You don't.

Hopefully that answers your questions, if you have anymore I will certainly post because that is what you asked of me.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

I'm not trying to bait or taunt you inito anything.
Frankly, I think your attitude sucks. And if you feel this strongly about how something SHOULD be handled, feel free to handle it that way when you run your own board and deal with this type crapola on a daily basis. A little humility and less sarcasm goes a long way when you step in it. That is how adults handle things.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Amazing, simply amazing.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote