Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #61
Cigary

Default Re: Beautiful Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
Big Bear is definitely on my to do list. The beach is alwasy pleasant too. Bro, why did you make the move? We need more of you out here

That sounds like an awesome ride. Someday I'll have do this also
The ride up to Big Bear is really fun with all of the twists and turns and spending the day up and around Lake Arrowhead,,,it's well worth the planning and doing. I moved to Atlanta about 2 years ago but still have a place in San Diego and want to move back once I get this place sold. I miss the ocean and the rides I used to have there. I'm pretty close to the Smokey Mountains so I need to do the Blue Ridge Parkway again as well as the ride down to the keys. When I lived in S. Florida I used to motor down to the keys once a month,,,riding over the keys is one of those rides you HAVE to do,,nothing like it. Another great ride is down to Miami along S. Beach and then over to Naples/Marco Island area. So many places to ride,,,,,not enough time.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #62
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I don't ride, but my good neighbor across the way from us has a nice HD "shovel" I believe its called, and boy does that bike sound beautiful when he fires it up!

He once told me that he has a can of nitro fuel that he mixes with the regular gas in the tank to kick up the octane a smidge. When he kicks it over, the engine simply purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss

That's the shovelhead Harley engine, born when I was, in 1966 and discontinued when I graduated High School in 1985. Beautiful and powerful engine. He must be proud.

I know a vet who has one that he bought for himself as soon as he returned from Vietnam.

Here's a 1967 shovelhead bobber

I tried to ride today but got my chills back from the flu I have been fighting for a week and had to turn around after a couple miles.

Last edited by floydpink; 07-07-2009 at 06:54 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #63
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Curt
Trading: (3)
Boss Hogg is on a distinguished road

Just got back from an awesome ride up to Big Bear. Left around 8:00 this morning and spent the whole day up there with some family. Had a great meal in town, hung out at the "beach" (had some RYJ Churchills ) and then did some boat riding. Fun, fun, fun.... looking forward to doing it again
Boss Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote