Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
master_splinter

Default need some asvice for good yet inexpensive cigars

Ok before anyone jumps all over me for not teaching I have done a lot of searching both on here and threw google. The problem im having is I live in somewhat of a small town in nj and all the store I've gone to they don't carry any of the cigars I've seen recommended. I love ashtons, romeo y bullets, rocket patels. Just there a bit pricey so I only treat myself to then every now and then. I know I could order offline but had my identity stolen once that way already so I don't like doing it now and have a big case of the "gotta have its" meaning I don't like to wait for it to arrive in the mail a week later or over pay for next day service. I also like to see and feel my cigars beforehand buying them. Now I have recently found a cigar that's called a quorum shade blend and really enjoy them and like that there only $1-$3 each when buying singles. So my question is are there any other cigars u der the $5 mark that will taste and smoke like some of my more expensive favorite like the quorums do? Remember I live in a small town so something cheap but a common name would increase my chances of getting some. Thanks inadvance guys. If there isn't I guess ill just stick to my quorums foe now u til I get more cash flow but it would be nice to have another nice cheaper brand to mixing in ever no and then. I also must add if u haven't had a chance to try the quorom shade blend (the lighter (I believe its called conneticuit) wrapper of the 2 they make) I would strong fly recommend them. They are cheap but have become one of my favorites. For expanple my father has smoke cigars for years. And only smoke ashtons and montecistco, I gave him one of my quells to try and was very impressed. He liked em a lot. Then when I told him there only $2-$3 he was shocked! I had to show him the wrapper with the price tag to get him to believe me. Lol. I also had a good family reined try one who as well. Only smoke very expensive cgars. He also was so shocked at how good they were and how cheap they were he ended up ordering a whole box and thanks me all the time for info. So like I sales give em a try if u havent, I guarantee u will be impressed and if u have any other recommendations, please share. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: need some asvice for good yet inexpensive cigars

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=Cheap

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I didn't know this link existed, thanks Tom
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Yep. We deliberately "hide" stuff in the sticky threads?
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
You are welcome, Mickey.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Tricky. Very tricky.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
OHMatt
Klugs gave me Gurkas

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
HdM
OHMatt will become famous soon enough

Just added some new suggestions after a long hiatus; glad it is still helping people out.
OHMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

I smoked more than a couple Quorums many, many years ago. I didn't hate them. BUT, until I did hate them I had almost no true appreciation for what I now appreciate. So anything better would have been wasted on me. I say go ahead and smoke the Quorums for now. Until you get the scratch and a mentor (could be guy at the B&M, could even be here, CA) to expand your sweet spot. Like many others, I spent years searching for the holy grail: the outstanding $2 cigar. I don't regret it at all. Learned a lot -- about cigars and about my evolving pallette. But, if I had it to do all over again....I'd have worked at appreciating finer cigars and skipped the crap. I have a couple cheapos that I still enjoy very much from time to time. (Won't help you much, however, because I've never seen them in B&M's - only online.)
But, I sure went through an awful lot of crap. Smoke what you enjoy and enjoy what you smoke. Read a lot and sit and talk (read listen) to BOTL in the shops and lounges.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
Tbagley
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Tbagley is on a distinguished road

MS, ordering online diffenently comes with its positives and potential negatives one of which is the theft of your credit card numbers. But that theft can happen almost anywhere you choose to use a card.

I like to look towards the positive side of things as my glass is half full.
Tbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

From the shopping constraints that you've set, I can't imagine you have much of a selection to work from at your local shops. If you can't or aren't willing to shop online, your search should be very short and sweet.
Try what is available and cross your fingers. Most everyone finds a cheapo gold nugget along the way. Sounds like you already found yours with the Quorum. You might not find something locally that you enjoy more than that at your price range.

We have a forum here where guys sell smokes, but you won't be able to see it till you're around awhile. It would be a fabulous place for you to find some odd stuff to test out. While you're waiting for the doors to the rest of the forums to open, go find the Newbie Sampler Trade and get involved. It's another great way to meet some guys and try some new smokes.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
*hangs head in shame* Don't ban me Peter