Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default What's Inside Your Humidor: Bryan White of 13th Floor Cigars

Today we are joined by Bryan White, brand owner of 13th Floor Cigars. We’ve known Bryan for around a year or so, back when he was blend testing for his inaugural release of the Foundation Series. Bryan is a great guy and a joy to talk with.

What’s in your humidor?
I have a 50 ct. humidor in my home office where I keep my personal stash of smokes. Just popping it open I see a pack of J.Fuego Origen Originals (love these little sticks), CAO La Traviatas, Jaime Garcia Reserva Especials, Illusione MJ12’s and 2’s, 262 Paradigms, Panacea Red Labels, and an assortment of great smokes from El Titan de Bronze.

What kind of humidor (and size) do you use for your personal storage?

I have 2 humidors, the first I mentioned above is just a plain black humidor that my wife bought for me several years ago. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick and for what it’s worth living in AZ, if a humidor can hold a reasonably steady humidity with as dry as it is, that’s all the counts. The second humidor is a large cabinet humidor I have in my office, again nothing name brand but the cabinet is large enough to hold around 250 boxes and the thing is a tank. When we were moving it to my office we had it secured (or so we thought), in the back of a truck. Unfortunately, a gust of wind blew through before we could unload it and it flipped out of the truck and upside down on the cement. Fortunately, other than a few minor scratches it was just fine and all of the glass was intact.

How many cigars are in your humidor right now?
I probably have 30-40 cigars in my personal humidor and Old Faithful (my cabinet) is around ¾ full.

Are you currently testing any new blends for your company? Any details?
We’ve been talking about it for a few months and we are working on a maduro right now. We have a handful of different wrappers that we are working with right now. Looking forward to releasing this early next year.

How many cigars do you smoke in a typical day, when your not blend testing?
You know it’s really all over the map – usually I smoke 1 or 2 cigars a day, there are some days where I won’t smoke any and some where it could be 3 or 4, it really all depends on the time I have. Now that the weather is starting to cool off a bit in Phoenix, my wife and I find ourselves out on the patio several nights a week.

What are some of your all time favorite cigars?
I would have to say my all time favorite cigar is the Padron 1964 Monarca Maduro. I smoked this when my son Dane was born and I’ll never forget that day. I am also a big fan of the Padron 45 Family Reserve, the first time I had this cigar was with a great friend talking about the launch of 13th Floor. Another one of my favorite cigars was a prototype similar to the blend that became our 13FL Foundation Series. This was one of the first few cigars I smoked at the El Titan de Bronze Factory down in Little Havana. When I think back at my favorite cigars they really revolve around some great times and experiences that I have had in my life. I feel for those who are not cigar smokers, they have no idea what they are missing…
Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's Inside Your Humidor: Bryan White of 13th Floor Cigars

That was a great read. 250 box storage? That sounds huge!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
warren G.
Also a WIS.

First Name: Duy
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
warren G. is on a distinguished road

Awesome interview, and now I'm craving for a Padron 1964.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Love these!!! Keep 'em coming Matthew!!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Love these!!! Keep 'em coming Matthew!!
Mac, no comment on the Maduro!? I thought for sure you'd have something to say about that!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael View Post
Mac, no comment on the Maduro!? I thought for sure you'd have something to say about that!!!
You know I'm gonna keep my eyes open for it when they release it.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
That was a great read. 250 box storage? That sounds huge!
The probably needed a forklift to pick it up!
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I love the series. Keep it up Matthew!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
nomadicwookie
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
nomadicwookie is on a distinguished road

Agreed, I also enjoy these quite a bit. I'm noticing a trend in the favorites department as well.
nomadicwookie is offline   Reply With Quote