Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
MICSTOGIE

Question Looking for some good sites

I have been lurking a few days and am kind of new to cigar smoking but new to cigar hobby. I have been to a few sites that sell humidors like premium humidor, famous cigar, cheap humidor, and cigar international. My question is: Which site/which humidor holding 50 - 100 smokes offers the BEST in service & quality? Reasonable priced too. Your input and wisdom is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for some good sites

This is sort of a mixed bag as I think all of us have used different folks for their boxes.

I had mine made for me while working overseas and it works very well (save for the top shelf still haven't figured out what the deal is there.)

My good friend v00d3w got his via Cigars International and likes his very well. Holds about 150.

A mutual friend of he and I's got his box from a local brick and mortar shop to himself ( http://www.oldhavanacigar.com/store/ if your interested )

If your strictly entry level? My personal advice is to smart smaller like a 50 to 100. Get used to the idea of maintaining it, learn how Rh works and how to balance your 'dor. Just my

If your bound and determined to go for a big box then again start with something simple without many frills. My personal experience has been humidors that are mass manufactured such as Thompsons, or CI with glass or outside drawers have poor seals. Your Mileage May Vary, obviously and I'm sure someone may have had a different experience than myself. I go old fashion and adhere to KISS. Solid wood, no frills, no glass, no drawers all in my mind mean less chance of poor sealing

Dunno if that helps or not but welcome to the party and good luck!
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Since you're a new member here, I'll save you time & money (sorta). Cut to the chase and get one of these. If you're here, the slide has already begun.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
nomadicwookie
Still Watching My Back

nomadicwookie is on a distinguished road

I've never heard anyone complain about cheaphumidors.com. They have a good selection & great prices. You can usually find a great bargain in the "imperfects" section.
nomadicwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Since you're a new member here, I'll save you time & money (sorta). Cut to the chase and get one of these. If you're here, the slide has already begun.
What he said!!

They may not be pretty, but they are inexpensive, very practicle, and very easy to use!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
MICSTOGIE

Thanks so far for the input. I am looking for a simple looking box, no glass or drawers and a cooler just won't look good sitting on top of my bar! :-) I have been looking at the imperfects and think that is were I'll be. I have read the "rules" for a humidor and starting with one too small can get overloaded fast...so about a 100 count humidor would suit me well.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

http://www.premiumhumidors.com/
http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/
http://maverickhumidors.com/

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICSTOGIE View Post
Thanks so far for the input. I am looking for a simple looking box, no glass or drawers and a cooler just won't look good sitting on top of my bar! :-) I have been looking at the imperfects and think that is were I'll be. I have read the "rules" for a humidor and starting with one too small can get overloaded fast...so about a 100 count humidor would suit me well.
You may want to check Cigar Bid, you can often get good deals there on humidors. They are owned by Cigars International which would be another good place to look. Careful though, c-bid could be a main reason you end up needing a cooler. Also on Cigars International is the Make Me An Offer section which could be of use.

Another suggestion would be to watch Cigar Monster. They have cigar deals that change hourly and humidor/accessory deals that change I think every three hours. At 11 or 11:30 every night they also rehash all the deals of the day. I've seen some good prices on humidors before.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

I would check out www.cigarsinternational.com

Then find their humidors and check the prices on them. Also as Albert pointed out, you might be able to find something on the Make Me an Offer section. Usually you can save about 40% by using that.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Take your time and don't move too fast. A lot of the brothers may have a good sealing humi available. That might save you some money and trouble.
Then you can start fussing over beads and a hygrometer.