Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
JoeCool87TC
Relaxing in Paradise...

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JoeCool87TC is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Gordito mini review

I bought a box of these babies on a whim in April of 2011; Since then I've been occupied by other smokes and kind of forgot about them. So tonight I dug one out and just finished my fifth. I had seriously forgotten just how good they are.

Information from the web states that "Perdomo Lot 23's fillers and binders were grown on an experimental plot of land on one of Perdomo's most prestigious farms in Esteli, Nicaragua. These exquisite tobaccos are fermented for one year, and then bale-aged for a minimum of three years. The result? A remarkable premium cigar line at a extremely modest price"

I'd rate them as medium to full bodied; their size is 4 1/2 X 60 with a Nicaraguan binder and filler, and a nice dark and oily appearing Maduro wrapper that's a bit toothy and is altogether delicious looking.

I used my (now favourite) Xikar VX V-cutter. I could be imagining it, but I seem to get better flavours out of most sticks using the "V" versus a punch or guillotine cutter.

Prelight flavour was sweet and earthy with a barely-perceived hint of chocolate and espresso. I toasted the foot with my trusty single-flame Collibri torch and the initial tastes were of pure spicy dark tobacco. The spice was strong at first but rapidly decreased into a pleasant background nuance.

The first third was very consistent, tasty with a creamy dark tobacco flavour predominant and hints of espresso with a little spice. The finish was smooth and not at all bitter. The ash was predominantly grey with flecks of white and black and was about two inches long before it fell off on it's own accord.

The next third was even better, a little stronger than the first but with equally good flavours, still no bitterness, and very, very enjoyable. Burn to this point was very even and required no touch-ups.

The final third was finger-burning good since I'd forgotten to bring out my cigar stub holder. I juggled back and forth between hands and managed to smoke this little bomb down to about 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch before I regretfully put it down. This last third was absolutely the best, with intense yet creamy-smooth flavour and tons of fragrant smoke. This was one I did not want to end.

I'd rate this bad boy as 4.25 to 4.5 on a scale of 5. The smoke was creamy, copious, and thoroughly enjoyable throughout.

Cheers. Please forgive my uneducated ranting.

===

Last edited by JoeCool87TC; 02-26-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: syntax correction
JoeCool87TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
celtic250
Smoke em if ya got em

First Name: Greg
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
celtic250 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Gordito mini review

I thoroughly enjoy these as well! I smoked a 23 maduro robusto today as well Thanks for the review!
celtic250 is offline   Reply With Quote