Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #21
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yet another Oliva V Maduro review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
It's probably because of this from the Oliva site...http://www.olivacigar.com/cigars_oliva.aspx
Of interest, I was perusing this site just this morning and had read that exact same info re RH 70 - 78. I think most of the inmates here keep their various humi's (desk tops, cooliadors, vinotemps, etc) ruffly between 60 to 65 RH (mine falls exactly in that range).

I was at my local B&M yesterday and snagged an Oliva V Liga Especial Double Robusto ($7.49) and will let it rest for a couple of weeks prior to burning it.

Scott, thanks for the review. If you need some batteries for your camera, let us know
Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post

Scott, thanks for the review. If you need some batteries for your camera, let us know
I don't know why I didn't post pics. I must not have had my camera when we smoked these?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #23
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Speaking with our rep recently, we confirmed there would be more sizes of the maduro V as soon as production can meet demand.

Rumor has it the first size will be a Lancero Maduro.....
I would love to have one of those.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
I would love to have one of those.
I wonder if there'd be enough ring there to deliver any V taste?
The wrapper's pretty decent on the torp, but the V body is what pushes the blend over the top, in my opinion.
I'd sure like to try any other sizes Oliva comes out with, but I can't imagine them getting any better. The one I smoked yesterday was so good I could hardly believe it.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
Wanger

Nice review!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I really can't wait for the weather to warm up here! I hate the winters in MN because my smoking drops to ~1/week, and I have several good things to smoke, but never the time for sticks the size of these torps. I do LOVE them, though...no Volt, I don't need any more.

Just the thought of a V maduro lancero makes my mouth water. I love the regular V lanceros already. Maduro lanceros? Just call me a whore now.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #26
Yazzie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mark
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
Yazzie will become famous soon enough

Wow! Smoking one of these now and it is very tasty. I am not much of a Maduro fan at all but the Oliva V''s are one of my favorite NC smokes and figured I'd pick some of theses up....

Very tasty
Yazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
OK! I have had enough of this temptation. I'm pulling one out of my humidor today. I'll let you guys know what I think.
The last one I had was with 2 months on it. It was good.

This one will be around 6 months. Maybe it will be great!+1
K
Boy oh Boy It was some goodness! Had the Oliva V MADURO in the 40 degree, windy, rainy day. Chocolatty coffee, spicy sweet maduro. what a great cigar. I sure am looking forward to these becoming available again. I have 8 left and am going to savor them slowly one by one.