Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Xikar HC Series Habano Colorado Toro Cigar Review

This 6.5×52 stick offers a dark chocolate wrapper with a firm pack and satin feel. Minimal veins, invisible seams and a peppery cocoa aroma present with a fairly dense heft. The first third starts off on the smooth side, with a touch of aged tobacco taste and richness. The smoke is rich and plentiful with a medium body and soft flavors of slightly sweet earthy tobacco with a big pepper kick. The finish is very long with the black pepper flavors building adding a zing over the tongue. Half way in at the 1:30 min mark, flavors had mellowed out a bit with the pepper coming and going at points. The sweetness had begun to change to a caramel, and the core flavor turned to a soft leather. By the last third, the pepper came back but not quite as strong, and the caramel died down a touch. Total burn time to the nub was 1:50. Video on the site.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xikar HC Series Habano Colorado Toro Cigar Review

Nice review...I really enjoy these.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I had one of these out today to smoke and didn't torch it. Tomorrow I find out... Thanks for the review.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

Nice review. I'm working my way through a box of these. What a great smoke!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Any Sites For Best Prices On These?
Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
elemental13

the. Only problem I had with these cigars is the couple I smoked had a very very tight draw which isn't too big of a problem but what my b&m wants for them I can get something I prefer so that's really the only issue I have had with them
Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

I was wondering about these. Anyone wanna trade a fiver of these?
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I had one of these out today to smoke and didn't torch it. Tomorrow I find out... Thanks for the review.
I smoked it today, but it was a torp. I didn't care for it at all. I tried to like it as it was gorgeous and smelled great. I didn't like the flavor profile and ended up chunking it with a couple of inches left. YMMV
Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I smoked it today, but it was a torp. I didn't care for it at all. I tried to like it as it was gorgeous and smelled great. I didn't like the flavor profile and ended up chunking it with a couple of inches left. YMMV
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it Brent...guess that means more for me.