Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #241
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Longest ride yet today. 68 miles. Everything hurts.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #242
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Longest ride yet today. 68 miles. Everything hurts.
Good on you, Chip!

It's a good hurt....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #243
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Picked up a Gramin 810 this week and had fun breaking it in. It congratulalated me for a personal best. Did 0.90 miles on my test spin. Lol. It mounts on the handle bars (no extension), so I'm looking to get the k-edge rig. It's aluminum and I shouldn't have to worry about fatigue and breaking.

http://www.amazon.com/K-Edge-Garmin-.../dp/B008OHDTMM

Any thoughts?
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #244
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I know several folks with a similar rig and they have not had any problems.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #245
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo

Cool. Thanks!

Now to look for a good place to buy cycling gear (clothes). Any online suggestions?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #246
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Not sure if I posted in here. But I picked up this beauty about 2 months ago. try to get out 3 or 4 times a week.

2014 Allez Elite

Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #247
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
Cool. Thanks!

Now to look for a good place to buy cycling gear (clothes). Any online suggestions?
If you want the best at best prices, look no further: http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/
Old 10-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #248
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
Not sure if I posted in here. But I picked up this beauty about 2 months ago. try to get out 3 or 4 times a week.

2014 Allez Elite

Holy crap!! A Spec that is not red/black
Old 10-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #249
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
Cool. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
If you want the best at best prices, look no further: http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/
Assos is hella nice, but also very expensive. If you do not want to top that kind of coin, check out Nashbar, Performance Bike, Campmor, Sierra Trading Post. I also get a good bit online. You may want to check your LBS for end of summer sales. I picked up some nice Bontrager store Jerseys at the local Trek dealer.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #250
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

I really like the Pearl Izumi Quest or Attack stuff.
One piece of advice....get full zip jerseys. They can be hard to get off when soaked in sweat.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #251
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Assos is hella nice, but also very expensive. If you do not want to top that kind of coin, check out Nashbar, Performance Bike, Campmor, Sierra Trading Post. I also get a good bit online. You may want to check your LBS for end of summer sales. I picked up some nice Bontrager store Jerseys at the local Trek dealer.
Yes, Assos is kinda of expensive, but to put in perspective, I have gone through 3 pairs of bib shorts while still using the same Assos bib shorts for 10 years. Which is more expensive in the end?

Problem with buying bike clothes online is whether they'll fit correct. Fit is important and brands are not uniform in fit.

One brand I would avoid is Castelli; real crap that is overpriced. Louis Garneau is well priced. Giordana is a solid brand. Campagnolo's clothing line is nice.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #252
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Montecristo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I really like the Pearl Izumi Quest or Attack stuff.
One piece of advice....get full zip jerseys. They can be hard to get off when soaked in sweat.
Quote:
Yes, Assos is kinda of expensive, but to put in perspective, I have gone through 3 pairs of bib shorts while still using the same Assos bib shorts for 10 years. Which is more expensive in the end?

Problem with buying bike clothes online is whether they'll fit correct. Fit is important and brands are not uniform in fit.

One brand I would avoid is Castelli; real crap that is overpriced. Louis Garneau is well priced. Giordana is a solid brand. Campagnolo's clothing line is nice.
Thanks guys!
Old 10-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #253
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:

Agreed on this for the most part. I just cannot spend $300 on bibs. Hell I may get super fat or super thin in that time frame. I KNOW it is the best out there. I just cannot justify it. I have good luck with PI, but have also used their running gear for years.

Agree 200% on Castelli. I bought a very nice bib for ~$125 and it fits like crap, pilled very early and the color washed out.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #254
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Agree 200% on Castelli. I bought a very nice bib for ~$125 and it fits like crap, pilled very early and the color washed out.
Exactly what happened to me as well. On top of that, I contacted Castelli and filled out a return form, sent them my gloves that fell apart and I got nothing in return. Horrible customer service, crappy product. Their heyday was like 30 years ago when shorts were merino wool..
Old 10-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #255
GTsetGO
those were the droids

Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Holy crap!! A Spec that is not red/black
one reason i chose it. lol
Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #256
GTsetGO
those were the droids

Montecristo

https://www.roadid.com/builder/id/default.aspx#/style/5

I use this app and am getting a bracelet. good stuff.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #257
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Yep. Never ride without mine
Old 12-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #258
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Tried the DVD that came with the trainer. Kicked my ass. Go thru the first sprint of the last set. I see now I need the lazy Susan front wheel cradle for this trainer. For the sprints you're out of the seat, at max gearing going all out. Hit 26.4mph on the Cateye. Still satisfied with the workout and I have a goal to finish it and hit faster speeds.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #259
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Tried the DVD that came with the trainer. Kicked my ass. Go thru the first sprint of the last set. I see now I need the lazy Susan front wheel cradle for this trainer. For the sprints you're out of the seat, at max gearing going all out. Hit 26.4mph on the Cateye. Still satisfied with the workout and I have a goal to finish it and hit faster speeds.
Which trainer?
Old 12-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #260
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Kurt Kinetic.