Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough
Default Boycott Scotch

I'm putting this here because it isn't a question about which Scotch I like the best or comparing the different distilleries or regions of Scotland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/...tain_lockerbie

The link is to the story about Scotland releasing the only man convicted - and sentenced to life in prison - for the bombing of the Flight 103 which crashed in Lockerbie, Scotland on Dec. 18, 1988.

This CONVICTED terrorist had no compassion, no mercy for the people aboard Flt. 103. He was part of the terrorist group which decided that they should die. For this he stood trial and was convicted. Yes, I understand that his conviction was being appealed. Yes I know that there are some people in Britain who believe that he is innocent. But I also know that he was convicted and sentenced to die in prison.

Now the Scottish courts has decided to release him because he has prostate cancer and only has four or five months left to live. BUT ISN'T THAT ONE OF THE REASONS BEHIND THE SENTENCE!!!!

Or is this another government bending over and kissing the butt of a terrorist nation under the guise of being humanitarian. "Oh! He's dying. It's so sad! Let's send him home where he can spend the rest of his pitiful life with his family and BEING WORSHIPPED AS A HERO BY THE REST OF HIS TERRORIST NATION!!!

I AM PISSED.

So, I am boycotting all Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES and I urge all other Americans to do the same. Since I know this is going to have an insignificant affect on Scotland, this is purely a symbolic gesture on my part. But, if enough people will boycott Scotch UNTIL THE TERRORIST DIES, then maybe someone will notice.