Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough
Default Liga Privada #9 Robusto

Size – 5×52
Shape – Robusto
Wrapper – Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder – Brazilian
Filler – Honduran and Dominican Republic

Prelight
This cigar sports a beautiful dark, oily wrapper. Very firm with no soft spots. There is a heavy feel to the cigar and you know it will be a long smoke. Slightly musty tobacco aroma with a ton of chocolate notes on the foot. I also really like the look of the band.

First third
Very slightly dry smoke initially on the palate. Draw is also a bit tight but the stick delivers tons of smoke so it certainly is not a problem. The smoke itself is surprisingly light in flavor consisting mostly of tobacco and a small amount of cedar. Short aftertaste. After about 1/2″ any hint of the dryness of the smoke disappears. The burn is absolutely razor sharp and perfect. I’m beginning to pick up a sweetness on the aftertaste. After only 1″ the smoke turns all around smooth and creamy. The draw is also perfect at this point. Very densely packed, you know this is going to be a long smoke at this point, and with the texture of the smoke that fact is welcomed. Beautiful solid white ash.

Second third
Creamy tobacco and caramel flavors evolve. Very smooth and non spicy aftertaste with an incredibly buttery nose exhale. Wonderful flavors! Halfway through the stick this is already an outstanding cigar. There is a slight mocha / espresso aftertaste evolving at this point. Solid medium to full body.

Last third
This third continues with incredibly smooth and delicious smoke. Tons of full tobacco flavor with hints of caramel, roasted nuts, and light spices. The very creamy aftertaste is starting to linger with mocha flavors. Near the end the aftertaste really picks up in strength with flavors of deep mocha and clove spices. Delicious all the way down to the nub. I really hated to see it end.

Conclusion
Well I am blown away by this smoke. Incredible texture and the most delicious flavors are constantly present. The flavors are never muddled and evolve throughout the cigar. Straight as an arrow burn and wonderful draw in this 2 hour smoke. This is the only Liga Privada I’ve tried at this point and it was simply amazing. One of the best cigars that I have ever had…period. Highly recommended!

tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote