Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
jonharky
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jon
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
jonharky will become famous soon enough
Default hit and runs

Me personally I have backed into a parked car while in a work van and even though I did damage to my van and not to the car parked I still left a note. I found out today that somebody had backed into my car and drove off without a note. This isn't the first time this has happened, this is the third. Different vehicles not the same one. I am so tired of this ****. That I have to spend my hard earn money to get my car fixed because some jackass hit it.

Just needed to vent and thanks for reading

Jon
jonharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: hit and runs

I'm with you dude. This was my car last year -

H&R right in front of the house.We lived on a pretty busy street too.

It is amazing to me how selfish someone can be.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
MadAl
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
SLR
MadAl is on a distinguished road

That so sucks!

Is that an Outback? What year? Gotta '98
MadAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAl View Post
That so sucks!

Is that an Outback? What year? Gotta '98
01 Outback H6
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
SmoknTaz
Hiding my Visa bill

First Name: Ken
Trading: (6)
Partagas
SmoknTaz is on a distinguished road

I find that a lot of people now a days have a lack of respect and regard for others and their possession/property. My truck was recently broken into right in front of my house on the street and yes I felt violated and I feel your anger. I also believe in karma so the violators will get whats coming to them.

Be angry, be mad, hell I'm still mad. I'm also an optimist. We live the best part of the world. Things could be a lot worse. I'm thankful for my family and for having the ability to provide and live comfortably. Here's to a better year! Cheers!

Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence. (A life sentence!)
SmoknTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
karmaz00
Habanos

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Partagas
karmaz00 is on a distinguished road

thats suck man
karmaz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

This doesn't surprise me at all. I saw someone back into a car in a Costco parking lot last November. It was a significant hit. I was in my car in a position where the guy could not see me. I watched him get out and look around. He went back to his car and jotted something down. He put what looked like a business card in the wiper blade of the car he hit and drove away. I got out of my car and as I passed the vehicle on the way into the store I looked at the note. It was a plain White piece of paper with nothing written on it. I didn't get the guy's plate because he left the parking area in the opposite direction. I left my business card in the wiper blade with a note for the owner to call me. The owner did call and I gave him the suspect description and vehicle description. Without a plate though, prosecution will be impossible. I wish I would have walked past the cars before the guy left, that way I would have had plate info. His actions seemed pretty legit to me at the time, but the way he looked around after the collision gave me pause as I thought about it more. Oh well...next time!
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
Ace$nyper

I had a lady back into me when I was opening my door at a parking lot and she drove off.

No damage but still.

To be fair, if she died in a fire, I'd probably not pee on her.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I absolutely hate people that do this. If you screw up, take responsibility for your actions.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
tchariya
Taters of the lost Ark

Trading: (13)
RG
tchariya will become famous soon enoughtchariya will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper View Post
I had a lady back into me when I was opening my door at a parking lot and she drove off.

No damage but still.

To be fair, if she died in a fire, I'd probably not pee on her.
But if there was not a single drop of water around...you could help put out the fire with your pee....just pee around her.
tchariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I absolutely hate people that do this. If you screw up, take responsibility for your actions.
I agree but in this day and time people are more proactive in finding ways not to be responsible or at the very least, looking for excuses not to be responsible. I have been a victim of H&R more times than I care to talk about. When I see someone hit another car anywhere or do damage, I walk over and act like I'm just concerned and start talking with the person who did the damage and I stay there until they take action or I tell them that they should leave a note with their name, license and insurance and I don't walk away until they do it. I would expect someone to do the same for me. If we all make people accountable when they do wrong things are bound to change. If you don't step up to the plate, things remain the same.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

Cigary, a quick quick question: If the info they leave is BS, how will you know? Do you ask to see their insurance card, etc? Surely you don't try to verify their license and insurance info unless you are a cop / security guard in uniform. Don't get me wrong, your intentions are good . ...Just kinda curious how this all transpires.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
tobii3

just some advice...always keep a camera in your car/truck for that "Kodak Moment"

I've actually used my digital camera a number of times for dumbasses that hit cars in parking lots, look around, then drive off.....I've taken pics of their car and their plates....

Integrity is Non-Negotiable
Old 01-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
just some advice...always keep a camera in your car/truck for that "Kodak Moment"

I've actually used my digital camera a number of times for dumbasses that hit cars in parking lots, look around, then drive off.....I've taken pics of their car and their plates....

Good advise. The problem with "getting the plate" is that unless you can identify the person driving the car, no one can be charged with hit and run (at least that's the case here in Cal). Identifying the driver at a later date can be difficult.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post

Good advise. The problem with "getting the plate" is that unless you can identify the person driving the car, no one can be charged with hit and run (at least that's the case here in Cal). Identifying the driver at a later date can be difficult.

duplicate post, sorry

Follw the driver and call 911 from your cell...if you have one. my 2 cents
Old 01-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
barbourjay

when i was still in VA my car was hit on 3 separate occasions and not once did the driver stick around. most of it was minor damage but the last one caused the whole trunk to cave in.

i moved to FL and had a good streak of luck for the past few years, until november last year. went to the movie and was walking on the crosswalk. a 16 year old kid slammed into me while i was walking past his driver side headlamp. he literally didn't look once and just turned right into me never stopping. i rolled up on the hood and windshield and landed on my feet and started yelling at him. he took off and they never found him. luckily i was just bruised. he was only going like 5-10MPH.