Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #21
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tomlinson shown the door by the Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
I really hope he goes somewhere else and has a few more solid seasons.
Ditto here. But it needs to be someplace with a line. Now as luck would have it,
I hear the Saints aren't going to be able to keep Mike Bell. No surprise there for me,
I can remember YEARS ago I was thinking what a great runner he was for the Broncos.
Being a military guy was a plus, too.

As for LT, I am not sure the Saints couldn't give him a few good years of home.
We have all the washed up guys, Reggie Bush, Mark Brunell,.....

See what I did there?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Speaking of Philly....they just dumped Westbrook
NOW THAT'S the guy I am shocked is still in the league. He was perennially "just a heal-up away from a big breakout season". What were they saying that for??? 10 years or something?
Still, he WAS good, even hurt.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjon View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why drop Jones, who was third in the league in rushing, only to pick up LT? Maybe they feel Shonn Greene is the man now.
Hey I know it's been a while since I posted... Figured I'd answer this question.

Shonn Greene will be the starting back next year. They got rid of Jones because there is no point in having two backs who offer up the same smash mouth running style. LT brings not only a faster more finesse running game but between him and Washington it gives the another passing option. It also give the ability to run the RB screen instead of the craptastic WR screen.

Having LT in the backfield will help Sanchez immensely, it difficult for a QB to not have a RB who can catch on the field when you are scrambling and needing to dump off.

I have been very excited to see the pick ups this off season, between Cromartie, Poole, LT, and hopefully Taylor next year should be a great season.