Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road
Default Post-marathon Cigar

So... It is Wednesday. In 3 days, 12 hours, and 30 minutes I'll start on my second Marine Corps Marathon. I've stayed away from alcohol and cigars over the past few weeks and I'm looking to break my abstinence streak with something delicious. Any recommendations?

I'm thinking either a CAO Brazilia, a Cabaiguan, an OpusX (never had one), LFD Chisel, or maybe a Tat Black?

All of these are sitting in the humi just waiting for me go give them a shot. I've never had the Opus or LFD before.

Suggestions?
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Post-marathon Cigar

Go with your favorite cigar. It sux when you look forward to a cigar and it turns out you don't like it. If you do try one you never had, be sure to have that favorite for a back-up.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRyder View Post
So... It is Wednesday. In 3 days, 12 hours, and 30 minutes I'll start on my second Marine Corps Marathon. I've stayed away from alcohol and cigars over the past few weeks and I'm looking to break my abstinence streak with something delicious. Any recommendations?

I'm thinking either a CAO Brazilia, a Cabaiguan, an OpusX (never had one), LFD Chisel, or maybe a Tat Black?

All of these are sitting in the humi just waiting for me go give them a shot. I've never had the Opus or LFD before.

Suggestions?
"I'm looking to break my abstinence streak with something delicious"

Go with what you know brother.

Save the experimenting with unknown cigars for another time. Just because some percentage of the people here think Opus X's are fantastic & delicious cigars, doesn't mean that you will like them; you very well might discover that hate them, and a "special moment" when you wanted a delicious cigar is not the time to discover that you can't stand something like an Opus X.

(not my aim to single out Opus X's, so you can insert any cigar name you want there, but your query of "I have a special occasion, I have an ____ I've never tried a _____, I want a really good cigar for that occasion, should I smoke the _____?" is an oft repeated question, and it seems like 4 out of 5 times, the ______ is "Opus X")
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Resipsa

Sam, have you run a marathon before?

As an experienced marathon runner my suggestion is to plan on something on the lighter side, and see how you feel.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

If I ever ran a marathon, I'd be looking for oxygen, a transfusion, and muscle relaxants. The cigar might have to wait a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Good luck with your marathon Sam.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road

Hah definitely wasn't clear with this one. Contrary to how it may seem I will not be smoking immediately after the marathon. I simply meant next week sometime, once my body has recovered a bit. This will be my second marathon. I'm leaning heavily towards the Brazilia or Cabaiguan -- probably the Cabaiguan. I love both of these cigars so I know that I won't be disappointed.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Hah definitely wasn't clear with this one. Contrary to how it may seem I will not be smoking immediately after the marathon. I simply meant next week sometime, once my body has recovered a bit. This will be my second marathon.
I figured that's what you meant. I'd still be hurting a week (or two) later.
Quote:
I'm leaning heavily towards the Brazilia or Cabaiguan -- probably the Cabaiguan. I love both of these cigars so I know that I won't be disappointed.
Haven't gotten to Cabaiguan yet, but the Brazilias are great smokes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hah definitely wasn't clear with this one. Contrary to how it may seem I will not be smoking immediately after the marathon. I simply meant next week sometime, once my body has recovered a bit. This will be my second marathon. I'm leaning heavily towards the Brazilia or Cabaiguan -- probably the Cabaiguan. I love both of these cigars so I know that I won't be disappointed.
Who says you have to wait until the marathon is over to light up?

http://www.stogieguys.com/2006/10/st...moky-wind.html
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
troy d.

Go with what you Sam, good luck on the marathon.