Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #1021
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

I guess its only fair to contribute a picture of my buddy. Glock 27 sporting some Winchester PDX1 180GR.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #1022
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

That is one sexy pic. You can't go wrong with a Glock
Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #1023
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

I love my 19 too but I cant conceal it very well. Need to do some more holster research.

P.S. Going to grab a Ruger LCP late October. A pocket gun would be great for when I'm out walking in stretchy waist band shorts.

I plan on a very high rate of carry. So far at around 98% No campus carry yet.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #1024
Doom

These are the only two I have photos of on my HD so I'll bust them out.

Vector AK-47

Kahr CW9 Don't buy guns from this company, terrible customer service.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #1025
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I love my 19 too but I cant conceal it very well. Need to do some more holster research.

P.S. Going to grab a Ruger LCP late October. A pocket gun would be great for when I'm out walking in stretchy waist band shorts.

The only thing that sucks about FL is there is no open carry... This makes holster selection pretty suck. If you are giong to go IWB and are willing to drop some loot then take a look at Milt Sparks. Just know they have about a 6 month waiting list. If you want something a little more affordable Ross and Galco make some nice leather.

I would avoid kydex holsters in the FL heat. They get wet and uncomfortable. The leather will soak up the sweat so you don't have a wet holster rubbing on you all day.

You can get away with wearing an OWB if you were it in the small of your back or around your 4 o'clock. Ross makes some very nice OWB holsters and that's what I use when I actually use a holster.

With any holster you have to have a good belt... I REPEAT GET A GOOD STURDY BELT MADE FOR CARRYING! It will evenly distribute the weight of the gun around your waist and make carrying much more comfortable.

Your other option, and I'm waiting to catch some flak for this from the everyone, is to carry mexican. I didn't coin the phrase but google it and you will see that it is a legit term. Basically carrying without a holster. I do this about 75% of the time. Never had an issue. You need to be a little more aware of what your doing, but it's very concealable and in the hot weather it's not as bad as all the gear. YMMV

Hope this helps you a little.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #1026
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Comptac MTAC Holster is amazing. I can conceal my 19 in a plain white tshirt. I also bought a Wilderness Instructor Belt and that makes all the difference. As some other posters have said--a good belt is essential.

For leather check out The Beltman. For a nylon tactical style try the Wilderness brand belts.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #1027
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom View Post
These are the only two I have photos of on my HD so I'll bust them out.

Vector AK-47

Kahr CW9 Don't buy guns from this company, terrible customer service.

Nice AK!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #1028
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
Your other option, and I'm waiting to catch some flak for this from the everyone, is to carry mexican. I didn't coin the phrase but google it and you will see that it is a legit term. Basically carrying without a holster. I do this about 75% of the time. Never had an issue. You need to be a little more aware of what your doing, but it's very concealable and in the hot weather it's not as bad as all the gear. YMMV
OK, I don't know what your laws are in FL, but here in OH, you have to CCW with a holster.

Secondly, have you heard the story of Plaxico Burress? What happens if you fall down? The bad guy could get your handgun if he hits you and if it falls out of the waistband.

I am not trying to come down on you, just trying to give a little advice.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #1029
dogface_313

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=671601

check those out, i have one it works very well. My G19 is very secure, it is almost too secure tough to pull out.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #1030
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Im currently using a cheap uncle mikes IWB holster. It works well for the price with my G27. I ave also looked into the Ross holsters but I really dont want to have to buy bigger pants lol. Carrying w/oa holster just wont fly for me. I am a 21 year old male with long curly hair and a beard. If anyone so happens to catch a peek Im positive the police will be called. I have seen the Milt Sparks but IMO it just isnt i the budget I would rather pool my money and put it towards another gun. What i have now is very comfortable the only thing is the glock is on the heavy side. But im sure ill get used to it.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #1031
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
OK, I don't know what your laws are in FL, but here in OH, you have to CCW with a holster.

Secondly, have you heard the story of Plaxico Burress? What happens if you fall down? The bad guy could get your handgun if he hits you and if it falls out of the waistband.

I am not trying to come down on you, just trying to give a little advice.
I appreciate the advice... I've been carrying this way for the last 6 years. I haven't fallen down while casually walking since I was out of grade school. I do run the risk of losing the gun in a fight but you run that risk with any holster. I've carried in level 2 rententions as well as open top holsters when I open carried in VA and you have just as much risk of a "bad guy" trying to disarm you in a fight. I avoid fights at all costs and I make sure my situational awareness is being used regularly.

It is risker than carrying in a holster but having weighed the risks to the comfort of carrying everyday all day it is an acceptable risk for me. It may not be to someone else and I can understand that. I usually tell people to do what they feel comfortable with because the more comfortable you are the more apt you are to carry. If you buy a crappy holster that you hate and it's uncomfortable for you to carry eventually you will start carrying less and less until you no longer do so.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #1032
coastietech

Quote:
Im currently using a cheap uncle mikes IWB holster. It works well for the price with my G27. I ave also looked into the Ross holsters but I really dont want to have to buy bigger pants lol. Carrying w/oa holster just wont fly for me. I am a 21 year old male with long curly hair and a beard. If anyone so happens to catch a peek Im positive the police will be called. I have seen the Milt Sparks but IMO it just isnt i the budget I would rather pool my money and put it towards another gun. What i have now is very comfortable the only thing is the glock is on the heavy side. But im sure ill get used to it.
If you don't want to have to buy bigger pants get a Ross Outside The Waistline pancake holster... You can get one from Ross for about $40+

Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #1033
Darrell

I don't like Americans owning AK-47's. Too many of my friends have died by that weapon, not to mention A LOT of other American Troops.

[/soap box]

Old 09-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #1034
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I don't like Americans owning AK-47's. Too many of my friends have died by that weapon, not to mention A LOT of other American Troops.

[/soap box]
No offense and with all due respect to your service, there are quite a few guns that have taken soldiers lives... Does this mean that we shouldn't own any of them? How about guns that a terrorist used, should we not be allowed to own those either?

How about the M16 or AR15 variant? That has killed American soldiers via friendly fire should we limit those?

Part of being American, and the very thing that you fought for, is having the freedom to own this things.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #1035
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
No offense and with all due respect to your service, there are quite a few guns that have taken soldiers lives... Does this mean that we shouldn't own any of them? How about guns that a terrorist used, should we not be allowed to own those either?

How about the M16 or AR15 variant? That has killed American soldiers via friendly fire should we limit those?

Part of being American, and the very thing that you fought for, is having the freedom to own this things.
I said I don't LIKE them being owned. I did not say I did not think they should be able to be owned. I support the right to bear arms, but I don't have to LIKE all the guns which are owned.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #1036
TheManWithNoName

Cool Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Im currently using a cheap uncle mikes IWB holster. It works well for the price with my G27.
That's what I've been using with my G36, been fine. Also looking at this:
http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-shoulder.html
because it's supposed to be very comfortable, can wear it under a shirt, and it's affordable.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #1037
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

My first firearm, the baddest on the planet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlMCaMGTnM
Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #1038
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I said I don't LIKE them being owned. I did not say I did not think they should be able to be owned. I support the right to bear arms, but I don't have to LIKE all the guns which are owned.
Fair enough... I think your reasoning is a little flawed, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #1039
Slavac

Amy and I fooling around.

Top is my M1A, bottom is the AR I built for dad (just gave it to him in fact )

Old 09-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #1040
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Nice pics Brad! It is great to have a significant other that lets you play with guns/knives, etc.
Closed Thread