Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2022, 10:39 AM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Yo, Michigan

Hey gang,

Any of you near Clarkston / Lake Orion?

I've heard good things about Uncle Peter's Pasties. But the cheapest to ship 6 frozen ones from them is $81.00. Not feeling the love. Anyway, if someone is local-ish to them and willing to ship to me via USPS priority, please let me know.

Their website is: https://www.unclepeterspasties.com/
Old 01-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yo, Michigan

I used to live near there in Metamora, about 20-30 minutes away. Not sure if there are any active inmates in the area. I think jonharky might be the closest one but he hasn't logged on since July.

I have family in the area that might be able to help out. My sister lives in Oxford (the next town north) and my mom's in Shelby Twp where they have another location. She forwards me some mail now and then. Just let me know what you want and when and I'll see what I can do. My understand is they are the best Pasty place in the LP.

I have to ask how you came to love pasties.

Last edited by 357; 01-12-2022 at 10:56 AM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #3
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I have to ask how you came to love pasties.
I'm an Irishman from Butte, Montana. Irish pasties are a way of life. Quite likely my first solid food was a pasty made by my paternal grandmother.

A Butte staple was Joe's Pasty Shop, which recently closed after 74 years.
https://mtstandard.com/news/local/en...b7a2eb1f9.html
Old 01-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #4
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
I'm an Irishman from Butte, Montana. Irish pasties are a way of life. Quite likely my first solid food was a pasty made by my paternal grandmother.
I had no idea they were common with the Irish. We (in Michigan) always knew them as Polish fare. Either way their flippin good.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
Will herf for food

VR

My best friend growing up was Polish and his mom used to make them homemade for us. Incredibly good. Unfortunately she's been gone many years now.

There's a sizable Polish population in Metro Detroit. Hamtramck is a city within a city, completely surrounded by the city of Detroit. It was at one time one of the largest Polish concentrations outside Europe. It still has a number of Polish folks and Polish restaurants. There's also a large Polish cultural center in Troy, a bit north of Detroit.

I'm rambling.

Last edited by 357; 01-12-2022 at 11:08 AM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote