Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road
Default Philly smoking bar?

I'm heading to Philly for a meeting next Tuesday-Thursday. The days are packed from 7am to 9pm so I'm just looking for a nice place to smoke... Staying at Loews so the Holts looks good but closes too early. 'Mahogany on Walnut' seems like a nice place and says you can bring your own so I can just pay for drinks....

Probably be smoking with 2 of the company big shots if we get any time at all. Sent them some LE CC's last year as a thank you. (suckup, suckup) Probably is why I get to go again... Any advice....
Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Philly smoking bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC View Post
I'm heading to Philly for a meeting next Tuesday-Thursday. The days are packed from 7am to 9pm so I'm just looking for a nice place to smoke... Staying at Loews so the Holts looks good but closes too early. 'Mahogany on Walnut' seems like a nice place and says you can bring your own so I can just pay for drinks....

Probably be smoking with 2 of the company big shots if we get any time at all. Sent them some LE CC's last year as a thank you. (suckup, suckup) Probably is why I get to go again... Any advice....
Mohogany's is the only game in town, but it's great. Your big shots will love it. As a bonus, Pete Johnson will be at Holts next Wednesday from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Several of the Philly folks are planning on rolling thru Holts next Wednesday for the event and then heading upstairs to Mahoganys after Holt's closes. I'm not sure if I can roll or not because I head for FL on Thursday morning. Also, since you'll be bringing your big shots and due to the Pete Johnson event, make sure to make a reservation at Mohogany!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Mahogany is nice if you can get a place to sit.

A very cool comfortable old building furnished in period style.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Mohogany's is the only game in town, but it's great. Your big shots will love it. As a bonus, Pete Johnson will be at Holts next Wednesday from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Several of the Philly folks are planning on rolling thru Holts next Wednesday for the event and then heading upstairs to Mahoganys after Holt's closes. I'm not sure if I can roll or not because I head for FL on Thursday morning. Also, since you'll be bringing your big shots and due to the Pete Johnson event, make sure to make a reservation at Mohogany!
Thanks!!!! Tuesday night looks more realistic as they have some 'event' planned on Wed. Last year it was in Dallas and they rented Gilley's w/ band, bull, buffet, and open bar on Wed. The bar kicked my a$$ (or it may have been the bull) so I'm assuming it will be another event like that on Wed.

Would really like to make the Holt's event. Tatuaje is a favorite...... maybe I'll try during the afternoon break....

Thanks.....
Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post

Absolutely make a reservation.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Mohogany is indeed very nice...but it was really warm last time until they turned the air down =D
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Flat4boxer
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (4)
Montecristo Army (Retired)
Flat4boxer will become famous soon enough

Go to Mohogany's!!! I went a month or two ago and it's the bomb!

The locals, some of whom have already posted in this thread made me feel right at home. Mohogany's is the place to smoke when in Philly!!!

Holts has a great selection also.