Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Colibri Rant

Colibri sucks. I bought a brand new one when I first got into cigars and it worked exactly twice. I didn't send it back. Then they went bankrupt because they suck.

Now, they are making Colibri cutters. Guess, what I'm not buying one.

Colibri will never get another penny off of me.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
Salvelinus
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brendan
Trading: (12)
Salvelinus will become famous soon enoughSalvelinus will become famous soon enough

Glad to know I should avoid these.
Salvelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Colibri sucks. I bought a brand new one when I first got into cigars and it worked exactly twice. I didn't send it back. Then they went bankrupt because they suck.

Now, they are making Colibri cutters. Guess, what I'm not buying one.

Colibri will never get another penny off of me.
It is under new ownership/management now with brand new products and I am guessing (OK, I am sure) new quality control as well.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #24
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
It is under new ownership/management now with brand new products and I am guessing (OK, I am sure) new quality control as well.
I don't give 2nd chances to a company that closes up shop without telling anyone. F them. I will buy my chinese $2.74 lighters from deal extreme.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I don't give 2nd chances to a company that closes up shop without telling anyone. F them. I will buy my chinese $2.74 lighters from deal extreme.

Hmmm... I just ordered some $2.74s last week myself, but I am not sure how one can judge new management based on the stupidity done by old one. If anything, they should be applauded for re-hiring the workers (giving them jobs, that is, instead of unemployment and then what?) or sending jobs overseas.

But I guess I have a very skewed sense of what's right, so I apologize for butting in...
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #26
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Patrick... that is so wrong!

Have you tried the Z-Plus insert you won at the herf at your house? Not a bad lighter (once you get the zippo case for it.)
It's sitting here on my desk. Between my Lotus t3, Ronson, and Xikar I haven't bought a Zippo.
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hmmm... I just ordered some $2.74s last week myself, but I am not sure how one can judge new management based on the stupidity done by old one. If anything, they should be applauded for re-hiring the workers (giving them jobs, that is, instead of unemployment and then what?) or sending jobs overseas.

But I guess I have a very skewed sense of what's right, so I apologize for butting in...
Well maybe the new management should have changed the name instead of trying to pump life into a dead cow. My problem is that the new customer service line is who diagnosed and told me to send the lighter in for repair. Without so much as a phone call I was greeted at the mailbox not with my repaired lighter but with an invoice to purchase a new lighter for 60 dollars...because they don't have the parts....come on now. I guess since that 40% off of the 100 dollar lighter I sent in maybe thats a good deal.

Uhhh nevermind getting the brakes fixed on that Toyota just close down and re-open and say you don't have the parts and everything will be fine...
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:27 AM   #28
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I've never had a problem with my colibri. I did lose it, but recently found it again. I don't use it because my blazer is oh so much better
Old 03-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #29
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

I've had 3 or 4 colibri's and they all SUCK. In fact I wouldve rather paid Colibri not to buy them and recouped all the efforts of trying to get them to work.
Posted via Mobile Device
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #30
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I have a Colibri flint wheel type lighter that I bought somewhere in the early 1980s. Works like a champ - still. It is a soft flame, and I use it more for my pipe than my cigars, but it has been faithful for a long time. It is always with me for when the torch runs out of butane.

It is the torch style lighter that has problems. Oh, and their pocket pen style lighter.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #31
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Had one and it worked for approx 2 months and failed..never again.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #32
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

The people who were rehired are the ones who were making crappy lighters under the old management. Maybe new workers should have come with the new management.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #33
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

The pens are nice. Haven't had the best of luck w/ the lighters.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #34
chris66

Ive had my Colibri lighters for years. Never had an issue with them, but then again I only buy traditional flame lighters. Windproof lighters clog to easy. I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for one.