Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Ty Atkinson

Default Question about my palio

Got one of the carbon fiber covered cutters on a deal here not too long ago, honestly it doesnt seem to cut very well pinches the cigar pretty good acts very similar to my 2 dollar cutter from a local b&m, has anyone else had problems with a palio?
Should i contact the company to send it in and get another one?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question about my palio

I have a black palio that is awesome. If you dont tinhk yours is not up to Palio standards, send it in!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

I have a carbon one as well...got for Christmas...it is not very sharp at all and does the same as you say...I wouldn't buy another.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Burlwood and a Black one and they both cut like a champ. You aren't "dragging" your cut are you? By that I mean it should be one swift clip and not hesitating in the middle of the cut, which will cause you to pinch your stick. If not, send it back...Palio has AWESOME customer service.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

My Palio regular, non carbon fiber, never gives me a problem. Even if I "drag" it the cut goes through like butter. Good point in general about the "dragging" though.
I'd send it in to get them to check it out. I hear lots of positive feedback about replacements.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
nater

Yep, one quick clip. The best cutter in the world will pooch a cut if you hesitate. It sounds like you are sending it in... Let us know what they say!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I have a Burlwood and a Black one and they both cut like a champ. You aren't "dragging" your cut are you? By that I mean it should be one swift clip and not hesitating in the middle of the cut, which will cause you to pinch your stick. If not, send it back...Palio has AWESOME customer service.
This is more common than a dull or defective cutter. Another common "operator error" is pulling away (even slightly) before the cut is complete. This will result in a ragged cut. Every once in a while, I still do this.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
This is more common than a dull or defective cutter. Another common "operator error" is pulling away (even slightly) before the cut is complete. This will result in a ragged cut. Every once in a while, I still do this.
Peter...same here brother!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
That is the same reaction I have when I am sloppy with my cut.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #10
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Peter...same here brother!!!
Noobs.

Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Maybe I am doing this...not sure
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Be careful not to cut too much cigar. I do this every now and then and I will pinch the cigar and get a bad cut.

Otherwise, I have the carbon and burlwood and they both cut like champs.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #13
AngryBill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (3)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
AngryBill is on a distinguished road

I use one brand of cutter. Palio. Simply it is the best cutter around. Cuts perfectly everytime, has been washed several times by mistake and still cuts excellent. If there was a defect, these have a lifetime warrantee and the owners of BOTL, LLC are members on this board.

And I have 5 Palios. Can never have too many! Burlwood, BLack, Carbon Fiber (my favorite), Esencia Logo, Gold.
AngryBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #14
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Also, if your cigars are a little on the dry side they will not cut as well either -- regardless of what kind of cutter you use.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
junkinduck
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Don
Trading: (2)
junkinduck is on a distinguished road

Love my burlwood cutter. I have found you must commit to the cut and I just trim the cap and try not to cut much filler.
junkinduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Put your thumb in the thumb hole and put your index finger on the "horn". That helped me a lot.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
Be careful not to cut too much cigar. I do this every now and then and I will pinch the cigar and get a bad cut.
You only want to cut off the very end - just basically shaving it. My Palio cuts great! When I was using a cheap cutter, even a good shallow cut would tear or pinch.

Oh, and welcome to the Asylum!
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
Ty Atkinson

Quote:
Sorry about the late reply guys,

Contacted customer service which was advised that they would resolve the problem promptly and too my satisfaction no questions asked.

My problem was not the cutter, it was said above hesitation with the cut slowly trying to cut etc, without hesitation its perfect!

Thanks to you all!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

I am glad to see another customer happy with the customer service at palio. I have three of their cutters and counting and they all cut wonderfully. These are the only cutters I use. As with any cutter they take time to find the way to get the best cut for you. And the practice is the best part.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

I love happy endings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Atkinson View Post
Sorry about the late reply guys,

Contacted customer service which was advised that they would resolve the problem promptly and too my satisfaction no questions asked.

My problem was not the cutter, it was said above hesitation with the cut slowly trying to cut etc, without hesitation its perfect!

Thanks to you all!