Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #101
nozero

Default Re: Stray black lab mix story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
You really did a great thing, helping to ensure Sadie has a wonderful life for her remaining years
Thanks, I'm glad she gave me the opportunity.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #102
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Stray black lab mix story.

I can't recall if somebody asked, but the vet told Jan Sadie was only 2-3 years old, so she's got lots of years left in her!

Jan said her first day home alone and loose in the house went fine, no problems no accidents. Jan left her crate door open, but said she thought Sadie may have stayed in there all day.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #103
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozero View Post
I can't recall if somebody asked, but the vet told Jan Sadie was only 2-3 years old, so she's got lots of years left in her!

Jan said her first day home alone and loose in the house went fine, no problems no accidents. Jan left her crate door open, but said she thought Sadie may have stayed in there all day.
Glad to hear she is doing well. She will have a lot of happy years to make up for a rough start.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #104
nozero

Post Re: Stray black lab mix story.

Not much news for most I guess, but Jan said that Sadie barked for the first time yesterday at a possum that was walking across the top of her fence. For me this means that Sadie has accepted this as her home and she was protecting it! I think this is great.

I do so want to see her again, but I want her to be comfortable and secure in her new home first. After that, all I want is for her to remember me fondly. But even if she shies away from me now, I'll still know she's happy in her new home.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 AM   #105
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

she won't shy away from you, dogs have great memory.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #106
nozero

I went to see Sadie tonight! She came out wagging her tail when she heard my voice and she looked great! She shied away at first, then came to sniff me and I pulled her over and put her in my lap. Like so many, she's just a big lap dog. I loved on her for a while and talked to her. Jan's going to call the vet tomorrow to check to see when they will be x-raying her to check her heartworm status before beginning her treatment.

I only stayed a few minutes, just long enough to get my "fix". I'll probably wait two or three weeks before going back. Sadie and I both need to get on with our lives in our own ways.

THANKS SO MUCH for all who participated in this thread, it helped me more than you can imagine. I'm a person of little faith and you all helped reinforce what I have and make it stronger.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #107
ahc4353

Like I have said before, you did a wonderful thing Michael.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #108
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Thanks for taking us along on your journey... enjoyed following your story.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #109
nozero

Default Re: Stray black lab mix story. * Update

I had not heard from Jan for a few weeks so I emailed her about a week ago and then again this last Friday. I was rather concenred... Fortunately, Sadie is fine! She is still on the heartworm preventative because there are still baby heartworms showing up and the preventative kills them. She is supposed to start her 3 sessions of the actual heartworm treatment on the
17th or 18th of this month.

Jan said she's been swamped at work and saw my email but the forgot about it. I'm very glad everything is OK!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #110
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice gesture!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #111
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

This has been one of the most heart-warming threads to read.

Thank you so much brother. For both sharing this with us, and for taking care of Sadie
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #112
nozero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
This has been one of the most heart-warming threads to read.

Thank you so much brother. For both sharing this with us, and for taking care of Sadie
Thanks to the team of 11 and all the members for providing me a place to do so. And thanks to Sadie, she filled a void for me.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #113
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stray black lab mix story. * Update

Quote:
I had not heard from Jan for a few weeks so I emailed her about a week ago and then again this last Friday. I was rather concenred... Fortunately, Sadie is fine! She is still on the heartworm preventative because there are still baby heartworms showing up and the preventative kills them. She is supposed to start her 3 sessions of the actual heartworm treatment on the
17th or 18th of this month.

Jan said she's been swamped at work and saw my email but the forgot about it. I'm very glad everything is OK!
Thanks for the update Michael
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #114
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Stray black lab mix story.

Update

I went over Sunday to visit. Sadie is doing fine, she's one of the most laid back dogs I've ever seen, which during the heartworm treatment is a very good thing since they are not supposed to get excited because the worms can break off and spread to other body parts and organs.

I was a little disappointed that Sadie would not come to me, but it has been months since she saw me last. She let me pet her but I had to go to her.

Jan said that Sadie had reverted back a little to when she was most timid. I think it has to do with her being boarded at a kennel for a week while Jan was on vacation followed by her being at the vet overnight for the first heartworm treatment. I think she may have felt as though she was being abandoned and had a setback.

Her next treatment is either a week or two away and she has to stay for 3 days. I think once she's all done with that, and gets resettled again, everything will fall into place for her and she'll be more comfortable. But hey, what do I know. I often wonder how dogs think, but doubt I'm even close.

It was good to get to see her again.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #115
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Update

I went over Sunday to visit. Sadie is doing fine, she's one of the most laid back dogs I've ever seen, which during the heartworm treatment is a very good thing since they are not supposed to get excited because the worms can break off and spread to other body parts and organs.

I was a little disappointed that Sadie would not come to me, but it has been months since she saw me last. She let me pet her but I had to go to her.

Jan said that Sadie had reverted back a little to when she was most timid. I think it has to do with her being boarded at a kennel for a week while Jan was on vacation followed by her being at the vet overnight for the first heartworm treatment. I think she may have felt as though she was being abandoned and had a setback.

Her next treatment is either a week or two away and she has to stay for 3 days. I think once she's all done with that, and gets resettled again, everything will fall into place for her and she'll be more comfortable. But hey, what do I know. I often wonder how dogs think, but doubt I'm even close.

It was good to get to see her again.
Thanks for the update Bro,I still worry about Sadie
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #116
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Thanks Michael for keeping us updated about Sadie. I hope these setbacks are just a temporary thing.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #117
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

I agree that this has to be one of the best threads I have read in a long while. Thanks for the constant updates.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #118
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Michael for giving us "our" fix. Always love going back to this thread and seeing your hard work paying off.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #119
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Thanks, Michael for giving us "our" fix. Always love going back to this thread and seeing your hard work paying off.

I agree completely. Very nice to hear she's getting over the heartworms. Like you I believe she'll get past her shy periods too once the treatments and nights away from home are finished.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #120
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update brother!! A true feel good story!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote