Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje stogies

What's the deal with them? I see many folks raving about them and doing some research on the internet, all I see is limited edition this and limited release that, what's so special about these smokes?

I have yet to see any on the devil's site and I see some on CI. I love full bodied smokes and recently I fell in love with both 601 blue and red. Which Tatuaje would you recommend? And what makes these smokes so special anyway?
fencefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tatuaje stogies

Nothing extra special about them, other than some people really liking them.... They make a bunch of regular production lines.

Been burning through Brown Label Regios lately.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

A simple search of Tatuaje here on CA will yield more than enough material for you to read up on.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

I love the Red label and the Brown label Tats along with the LE's. These are made for Pete By Don Pepin and the tobacco's that are used just have fabulous flavor IMHO. Especially after they get some age on them, but they are real good ROTT!

Now remember Pete does the blending and Pepin does the rolling. Did not want you to think that Pete does nothing cuz that's the farthest from the truth.

Most if not all the tobacco's are from Nicaragua. Not Honduras or The Dominican.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

They're well marketed, I don't find them special, and I really can't recommend any because I've never found one I like.
Tats have a signature flavor that's black peppery and borderline black licorice (to me) and it just plain turns me off. A few years ago I made it a point to try just about everything Pete put out in hopes I'd find something I liked, but didn't have any luck. Rather than struggling on, I just abandoned them.
I'm definately in the minority, most guys really love that "signature flavor".
I'm guessing that the Tat Noella is going to be your best bet for your first try. Guys really seem to enjoy them and the price is right.
You won't find them on cbid because they sell so well. There's no old stock that needs moving.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Actually, there's 3 pages of tats on c-bid. Just type tatuaje in the search window.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough

Yeah there's plenty on cbid but I try to stay away from that place.. it's bad for my wallet.

I'll keep an eye out for a multi sampler pack if I can find them I guess and try some different ones.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
They're well marketed, I don't find them special, and I really can't recommend any because I've never found one I like.
Not even the reserva j21? I like that one the best so far and don't taste any licorice. My pallet probably isn't nearly as developed either though.
Posted via Mobile Device
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
trendo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Troy
Trading: (16)
trendo is on a distinguished road

Tat red is one of my go to's. You can pick up a box on cbid for less than a hundo. In my opinion it is a great cigar (especially the retrohale). CI used to offer a five cigar sampler of garcias blends, there was a tat red (also known as Havana VI) along with a san cristobal (which I think tastes similar to the tat), a cuban classic and a couple of other sticks. Worth checking out.
trendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

It took me almost three years to start enjoying Tatuajes. I only enjoy a handful of them, but when they are on...they are truly a treat. And I love that black pepper flavor.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
LigaPrivadaT84

Haven't had one I didn't like; I like my pepper too.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

I am currently in love with the Tat Havana VI Nobles , I won a 5 pack last week on the Demon sight for $18.06 (and blew thru them) then another 5 pack on Monday for $22.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp-3ub5050-5.jpg (29.4 KB, 262 views)

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Digs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Worth every penny in my opinion. EricF is our resident Tat whore!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Worth every penny in my opinion. EricF is our resident Tat whore!
Awesome, hey Eric what's your hourly rate and are you available weekends
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

He works for Tats.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

The red lable tats are still my favorite, and the cheapest. Well, except for the Anarchy, man, I love that smoke. But start with the red, they are a dam fine smoke and would probabaly fit right in your flavor profile. Not really a full bodied smoke, but full of great flavor.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
Bad Finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencefixer View Post
Yeah there's plenty on cbid but I try to stay away from that place.. it's bad for my wallet.

I'll keep an eye out for a multi sampler pack if I can find them I guess and try some different ones.
Check out: http://www.newhavanacigars.com

They have a nice sampler pack.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Holy crap those are expensive.. big game sampler pack 7 smokes for $90?!?! Wha....
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
shadow king
Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Trading: (19)
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road

And since you're from Ohio they charge sales tax too
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

LOL That big game sampler pack is that expensive becuase those cigars are limited as well.