Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Tatauale Tatoo

A new release from PJ, picked up a couple last week after smoking one at an event. Not sure of blend or if other sizes will become available.
5x50 Robusto, nice dark wrapper of unknown origin. Pre-light draw is nice and free, no bitterness detected.

This is a new blend and a discount stick meant to compete with the Illusione Rothschild. Not sure if its long or short filler(P series) but I dont get any little bits from the head so maybe long filler.
First third is nice and smooth. Well balanced with a bit of spice but not overpowering. A bit of sweetness is also present. Ash is pure white like most Nicaraguan sticks. I like that its a bit milder than most Nic smokes as I am able to nose exhale most of the time.
As I approach half way strength has picked up a bit but still nicely balanced.
A bit stronger than the one I smoked last week probably because this my first of the day. To my taste, the Tatoo falls somewhere in between the Tat Red and Brown. I'm not sure where PJ intended it to fall as far a strength.
As I start the final third, I am really enjoying this stick. Especially, if compared to the P series(a feeble effort). California retail is about $5 each so maybe a bit less if your taxes are lower. Its a bit stronger than the Illusione Rothschilde.

I would smoke this stick again. It is well balanced and fairly smooth. Not sure if these will be limited but I think PJ has a winner here.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote