T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Toyota Driving Simulator

Check this out!!!

Bored and unemployed programmer Alan Hartwig decided to take it upon himself to provide an important public service, devoting thousands of hours to develop a hyper-accurate "Toyota Driving Simulation," so unbelievable you should go check it out.

http://toyotasimulator.com/
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toyota Driving Simulator

Did you hear the guy with the Prius that had to be stopped by the cops this past week is being investigated for lying about the whole thing? Something about he was filing for bankruptcy recently and officials are thinking that this is one way to get out of it is to sue Toyota?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

No Toyota for me.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

I own an 06 prius and an 09 sienna. Need to make sure they aren't on the recall list.
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

The sad part is yes Toyota has a problem and is addressing the issue but a lot of the accidents I believe could have been avoided had people just used common sense. If the accelerator gets stuck, why not just put the car in neutral rather than go for hell ride? The best is one woman who is suing Toyota was in court and said her accelerator got stuck and she was so scared because her car was doing a 100 mph that she called her husband on her cell phone to say goodbye because she thought she was going to die. Seriously, your doing 100mph and your first thought was to pick up and dial your cell phone?????? Seriously lady, how about dumping the car in neutral than hitting the brake coming to a safe stop. If you blow the motor who gives a f*ck the car has an obvious problem that I am sure would be covered under the vehicles warranty and if the vehicle was out of warranty I am sure Toyota would much rather replace a motor rather than get sued. I do feel bad for those who died or were seriously injured in crashes due to this problem as maybe they just got nervous and couldn't think clearly but I think a lot of people are going to milk this for all it's worth and end up bankrupting a car company that didn't put their hand out for a bailout and can survive on their own because they build a good product rather than relay on the governments nipple. I dunno, I may sound like a douche in this post but I am just sick of people going after the easy money in life at the expense of others rather than earning it like a lot of us do by doing hard work. I swear we are doomed as a society. Rant off!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
The sad part is yes Toyota has a problem and is addressing the issue but a lot of the accidents I believe could have been avoided had people just used common sense. If the accelerator gets stuck, why not just put the car in neutral rather than go for hell ride? The best is one woman who is suing Toyota was in court and said her accelerator got stuck and she was so scared because her car was doing a 100 mph that she called her husband on her cell phone to say goodbye because she thought she was going to die. Seriously, your doing 100mph and your first thought was to pick up and dial your cell phone?????? Seriously lady, how about dumping the car in neutral than hitting the brake coming to a safe stop. If you blow the motor who gives a f*ck the car has an obvious problem that I am sure would be covered under the vehicles warranty and if the vehicle was out of warranty I am sure Toyota would much rather replace a motor rather than get sued. I do feel bad for those who died or were seriously injured in crashes due to this problem as maybe they just got nervous and couldn't think clearly but I think a lot of people are going to milk this for all it's worth and end up bankrupting a car company that didn't put their hand out for a bailout and can survive on their own because they build a good product rather than relay on the governments nipple. I dunno, I may sound like a douche in this post but I am just sick of people going after the easy money in life at the expense of others rather than earning it like a lot of us do by doing hard work. I swear we are doomed as a society. Rant off!
100% agree!! But if you listened to that lady that went in front of congress to say that speech, she clearly said that she used her blue tooth!!!!
I have a friend that's the head of the service department and he's seeing people having the "stuck accelorator" but they have 3 floormats under it!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

That was a fun ride!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Ahhh to be a Manual owner..... Depress Clutch... Engine blows(maybe)... problem solved.

I don't trust the systems in automatic cars. Not one bit. More expensive to buy, more expensive to fix, and more prone to failure.

But yes this lady is a moron.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

I thought I had read where there were some cases of uncontrolled acceleration that did not respond to the transmission being put in neutral or even reverse..??
Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Yeah she sounds like a moron......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8533129.stm

"I put the car in all available gears."

Last edited by JaKaacH; 03-13-2010 at 02:27 PM.
JaKaacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
I thought I had read where there were some cases of uncontrolled acceleration that did not respond to the transmission being put in neutral or even reverse..??
That's because the transmissions are probably electronic, rather than mechanically, coupled to the shifters. It's shift-by-wire, if the powertrain control module computer says the car is going too fast or too high an RPM to shift, then it's not going to shift.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Ahhh to be a Manual owner..... Depress Clutch... Engine blows(maybe)... problem solved.

I don't trust the systems in automatic cars. Not one bit. More expensive to buy, more expensive to fix, and more prone to failure.

But yes this lady is a moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
That's because the transmissions are probably electronic, rather than mechanically, coupled to the shifters. It's shift-by-wire, if the powertrain control module computer says the car is going too fast or too high an RPM to shift, then it's not going to shift.
Good Point T.G.
So lets mean mouth this lady on how to drive and called names...Its still all her fault....
Old 03-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
I own an 06 prius and an 09 sienna. Need to make sure they aren't on the recall list.
The '06 should be okay no matter what...as I understood it all the recalls were on '09's and 10's....but I'm not positive about that....
Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Good Point T.G.
So lets mean mouth this lady on how to drive and called names...Its still all her fault....
She's more than a moron for picking up a phone if her accelerator was stuck. There are 5,000 other things I'd be doing than picking up a damn phone. #1 and #2 soiling myself for starters!

The thought process of people like this baffle me. It's like people who run their car into a ditch to save a squirrel.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Sad but true...
Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Quote:
She's more than a moron for picking up a phone if her accelerator was stuck. There are 5,000 other things I'd be doing than picking up a damn phone. #1 and #2 soiling myself for starters!

The thought process of people like this baffle me. It's like people who run their car into a ditch to save a squirrel.
What is #3 thru #4,998?
I'm baffled how some have never been through what someone might describe/testify to but have all the answers on how it should have handled.

I drive about 140 miles a day and see a lot of people doing 75 to 85 mph, a lot of them on the phone...Must not be to hard to do even with a few more MPH's added in...
Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #19
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
What is #3 thru #4,998?
I'm baffled how some have never been through what someone might describe/testify to but have all the answers on how it should have handled.

I drive about 140 miles a day and see a lot of people doing 75 to 85 mph, a lot of them on the phone...Must not be to hard to do even with a few more MPH's added in...

Actually, thanks for making an assumption that is completely wrong. I had a water bottle under my seat once that through casual driving (foot going back and forth from gas to brake) had rolled foreword while going around a corner. Didn't realize it and let off the gas while approaching a reduced speed zone(55 to 45 to 35 in a very short span of a small town) and my gas didn't let off. Why? The bottle was wedged between the accelerator and the wall. Half a second of terror followed by clutching to get rid of the acceleration followed by punching the accelerator with my foot to free it from being stuck.

It didn't end in 100+ mph speeds (though I doubt it would have because it wasn't stuck that far forward) or phone calls of certain death.

As for phones while driving, luckily for the rest of us, they're slowly outlawing driving while talking on the phone.

According to this study(with casual glance), apparently it is more difficult, as it creates a 38% higher chance of creating injury threatening automotive accidents while chatting on the cell phone.

http://hawaii.gov/lrb/rpts05/cellcar.pdf

And as a person who was struck by a dumbass chatting on a cell phone while I was stopped at a stoplight, I can attest to that.

But back to point.

I stand behind my opinion of this woman. Regardless of the situation. Know your vehicle. Take nothing for granted.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Quote:
Actually, thanks for making an assumption that is completely wrong. I had a water bottle under my seat once that through casual driving (foot going back and forth from gas to brake) had rolled foreword while going around a corner. Didn't realize it and let off the gas while approaching a reduced speed zone(55 to 45 to 35 in a very short span of a small town) and my gas didn't let off. Why? The bottle was wedged between the accelerator and the wall. Half a second of terror followed by clutching to get rid of the acceleration followed by punching the accelerator with my foot to free it from being stuck.

It didn't end in 100+ mph speeds (though I doubt it would have because it wasn't stuck that far forward) or phone calls of certain death.

As for phones while driving, luckily for the rest of us, they're slowly outlawing driving while talking on the phone.

According to this study(with casual glance), apparently it is more difficult, as it creates a 38% higher chance of creating injury threatening automotive accidents while chatting on the cell phone.

http://hawaii.gov/lrb/rpts05/cellcar.pdf

And as a person who was struck by a dumbass chatting on a cell phone while I was stopped at a stoplight, I can attest to that.

But back to point.

I stand behind my opinion of this woman. Regardless of the situation. Know your vehicle. Take nothing for granted.
You can have your opinion, I respect your thoughts and opinions Jordan.

I just can't figure out why she's a moron?
Because she made a phone call?
If so, are all who phone and drive morons? Maybe not morons but doing dumbass things. Maybe the person who hit you wasn't a dumbass but just in dumbass mode for a few minutes. I know in my 49 years I've had plenty of dumbass moments, my fault no one to blame but me, but don't consider myself a dumbass and would be insulted if I was called a dumbass or moron.
I hate cell phone use while driving as much as most, maybe more. As for outlawing cell phone use...good luck with that one. Driving drunk, speeding, running stop signs, etc. are all outlawed but I see it almost every commute. You can't legislate brains or morals.