Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
mash
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
mash is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ever Known A Bigger Jerk?

Guy looks like Roy Scheider. His wife is a bit out there, no make that way out there.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #22
totallytentative

Is this guy for real? He seems so over-the-top sadistically sociopathic I can't help but wonder if this is an act or some kind of really twisted publicity stunt. That little voice in the back of my head is having trouble accepting that such a soulless monster can exist, but I'm not sure why I'm having trouble given the unspeakable cruelty that history has shown humans to be capable of.

I feel sorry for his children most of all. God knows how many things inside them are permanently "broken" because of their upbringing....
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #23
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Look at the bright side....we all look like Gandhi in comparison.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

the wife is no better
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #25
Asher
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
HUpmann
Asher is on a distinguished road

How does a person end up in the 99.99% percentile on the GRE when the ranking is nowhere near that fine-grained?
Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #26
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

fowleristic

Main Entry:
fowl·er·is·tic Listen to the pronunciation of narcistic
Pronunciation:
\foul-er-is-tik\
Function:
adjective

fowleristic (or foul-eristic as the midwest would say) describes a person who is very narcissistic, verbal abusive with little or not empathy towards others. People who like to use more simple words would call this person snooty and pompous.

Cara G. suggested:

fowler (fow-ler) n. (pl. fow’lers)

a person showing extreme lack of couth when addressing others he considers beneath his social and/or academic status, “That mean man is a fowler.” (fow’ler) v. to speak with contemptuous rudeness, to express judgments about, “Didn’t your mother teach you not to fowler your fellow man/woman?”

(fow’ler ous) adj.

impolite, showing no respect or consideration, “Calling someone a “dumb redneck” is fowlerous.” (fow’ler ly) adv. *To fowler by association, using hate speech because of what you’ve been taught by a fowler.

from Webster:

fowlerification (noun)

The process by which a person or situation acquires, or is victimized by, fowlerous properties. "With the final insult in regards to the shotgun, Stephen declared the fowlerification complete."

Fowlerifism

an elitist ideology that tenets of which believe that only those with a certain kind of education and who live in a certain geographic area are entitled to respect and dignity. "Fowlerifism masquerades in forms of liberal ideas, but at its heart is a kind of academic apartheid."
Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #27
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

On Another note I found his address through white pages.com and confirmed it by matching the image of the front of his house form the show to the image on the street view on google maps.

(removed)

Last edited by poker; 02-12-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: No need for this here
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #28
Ubergopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
On Another note I found his address through white pages.com and confirmed it by matching the image of the front of his house form the show to the image on the street view on google maps.

(removed)
Both awesome and scary. Remind me not to piss you off. Ever.

Last edited by poker; 02-12-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: quote removed
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #29
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

The only thing real about reality TV is the that it is Really on TV... It's all entertainment.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:26 AM   #30
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

I thought that this was cute. From http://blog.stephenfowlersucks.com/

Dear Mr. Fowler (as well as any ancillary persons reading this e-mail at your place of employment),

I recently viewed an episode of ABC's 'Wife Swap', a show with which I am none too familiar. My wife stole my attention and implored me to watch the show with her. She said that I would find you amazing, and she was entirely correct.

Let me tell you about myself rather quickly. I am an educated man myself, and my IQ has been tested in the same range as yours (if I'm being entirely honest, I've only tested around 145... not quite the impressive 158 that you boast. Kudos sir.) Professionally, I am quite successful. I am the Director of Marketing for a large real estate firm in New York. Also like you, I consider myself to be well traveled and worldly, having spent much time abroad and having had the opportunity to visit most of Europe. Living in New York I am proud to call myself a progressive liberal, and believe that my political leanings stand as a testament to the nature of my Renaissance spirit. I tell you these things about myself lest you mistake me for a "po-dunk redneck", because God forbid that you classify me among "those people."

Having recently finished a viewing of the program I must applaud you sir for your bravery. It must not have been easy for you to take such a righteous stance. You have demonstrated a high level of courage. You dispensed with any good will that could have been shown to you had you made your views known with poise and dignity. Rather, you decided to walk to road less traveled and demonstrated your views through naked aggression and ruthless verbal battery. Well done. You took someone who you found to be a lesser human being than you and methodically and cunningly destroyed her entire value system. Incredible job. It is readily apparent that you had full understanding that doing so would alienate your entire family (including your small children) and possibly put your career and reputation at risk... but you paid no mind to these meaningless detours. You walked a hard line because you believed in it. Outstanding. You recognized that this woman was part of the uneducated masses that make up the entire middle part of this horrible disgusting country that we call America. Some may say that this is an unfair and ignorant categorization of a entire geographically located and socio-economic grouping of people... perhaps even citing that over 1.4 million people from this woman's home state recently voted for Barack Obama. Some might equate this to an American who classifies most Brits as obnoxious alcoholic football hooligans with obvious traces of centuries of inbreeding and a tradition of substandard hygiene. But not me sir, no.

I also watched and applauded as you demonstrated what can only be described as a coldly scientific approach to parenting. You value education above all other things, and when you recognized that this value was not shared by this woman, you attacked her for cerebral shortcomings. You even went so far as to whisper into the ears of your children how awful and stupid this woman would be, and your daughter (being the perfect little mime) replicated these thoughts. It is apparent that she will grow to be just like her parents... extremely well educated and devoid of any compassion or modesty. You can surely be proud of this as compassion and modesty are over rated and traits that only the weak applaud... even if they are principle tenants shared by nearly every major religion in the world. I say how dare this woman not value education above all else, including familial love and childhood joy. Take your son for instance. You have obviously showed him the true meaning of education by forcing him to engage in activities that he obviously has zero interest in and at times removing any feelings of paternal love and support. It would appear that, like your daughter, he will grow to be an intelligent and successful adult... even if it comes at the cost of normal socialization skills and basic human decency. Bravo!

I worry for you sir. Not from physical harm mind you, but simply from the public relations backlash and community ostracizing that will surely be coming your way. I wonder if some of your comments, the ones in which you seemed to paint American and Americans with a broad brush, will come back to haunt you. I should surely hope not. Take for instance your obvious and unabashed dislike for America. I wonder if an injured veteran who had once assisted your British brethren in wartime in say Germany, or Iraq might take these comments. But if you think about it this injured Soldier or Sailor is most likely uneducated and likely had no other options available but military service, so what difference would their opinions be? I suppose though that there are individuals such as Academy Graduates and ROTC students who excelled in school who could have voluntarily chose to serve America... but they probably wouldn't have a problem with you, and if they did who would care again... they're "less than you" for having decided to serve such a wretched country.

You are obviously a very wealthy man, and you are not very modest about your riches, and why should you be? You come across as patently elitist and snobbish, and there is nary a moment that goes by in your life where you are not sizing up and categorizing what class a person belongs in. I say good on you for that... you've earned that right haven't you? To the victor goes the spoils as they say. You laugh in the face of a deep recession because you are smarter than everyone else. I fear though, that your wife might receive some of the backlash though. She is what again? Oh, I recall. She is a "Certified Life Coach" and "Weight Loss Counselor". In such an economy where trivial endeavors and purchases are the first thing that people dispense with, this career path will surely be steady. But wait... wouldn't that make most of her clients the obese and those who need someone to guide their lives? Yes, I suppose. And are not these the same people that she has alienated by her obvious agreement to your methods and policies? I can only hope that her client base does not fade into oblivion.

On a much smaller note, I'd like to applaud you on your smashing wardrobe. I myself am what you would call an active environmentalist. I drive a hybrid, I lobby for the use of sustainable energy sources and I work tirelessly to reduce by carbon footprint each and every day. That being said, I've never thought to tailor my entire wardrobe around pithy t-shirts that send this message out loudly and obnoxiously. I think that its great that you do though. Some would say that this is simply another way of making those around you feel less than, and advertising your superiority. But I again disagree. I think that its just fantastic that you make your policies part of your daily look. I don't care if people call you a complete and total douchebag... you're aces in my book.

Lastly, please let me clear something up. In the event that this hasn't already occurred to you and your ultra dry English sense of humor... please know that I have employed the use of sarcasm throughout this e-mail. When I said that I agreed with you, I do not. When I spoke of liking you, I should clarify that instead I find you to be the worst type of elitist scum. You sir are arrogant when you have no currency to spend in that department. How dare you. How dare you attack this woman. I will not stick up for her, because I too find fault with a great many of her choices. But what I will do is admonish you for the wrath that you vomited out of your disgusting crooked mouth. You have no right to cast aspersions on anyone when your world is fraught with failure. You sir, are a failure as a parent, as a husband, as a citizen of this world, and as human being. I am not a "flag waiving" American. I do not have a magnetic sticker on the back of my car, and I have found great fault with this country for the past decade. But I do love this country nonetheless. I care for her and her peoples with all of my heart... warts and all. I would submit that you have heard this argument before, probably formed in cursing colloquialisms, but let me say it again.............. if you have this much fault with a country that has provided you with such great riches, I would ask you that you please book the next possible flight to anywhere but here and leave it immediately. We have no place for you here, nor your wife. If you'd like to leave your children here, we'll gladly foster them and show them what a well rounded, moderate and loving life could be. If you insist on making them little clones of yourself, then by all means.... take them the **** with you, you rude disgusting little limey prick.

Warm regards
Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #31
smitdavi
Ambassador of Quan

First Name: David
Trading: (9)
RA
smitdavi has disabled reputation

This reminds me of the South Park Episode about Smugness that starts in San Fran and then takes over the world lol

http://www.southparkzone.com/episode-vid-1002.htm
smitdavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #32
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

What a pompous pr*ck.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #33
adampc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb85 View Post
what a prick! if america is so bad you limey bastard go home!

no offence intended to those who arent limey bastards. I rather like the brits, but this guy got my blood boiling
limey bartards ? OMG
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #34
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
Both awesome and scary. Remind me not to piss you off. Ever.
Dont worry my powers are usually used for good. However my launch finger has been itching for some bomb action.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #35
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I hope that guy is acting to get ratings, because it is mind blowing that someone could be such an inconsiderate a-hole
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #36
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

I should have guessed the city was San Fran. Unfortunately, I don't think he is alone in that city. I'm sure he has plenty of company.

I really feel sorry for the normal, decent people in SF.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #37
Beer Doctor

That video made me angry
Old 02-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #38
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

I feel so bad for their kids.

T
Partagaspete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #39
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
amen.

I didn't know "Certified life coach" is the only thing that counts as an advanced degree.

I'd be more than happy to whoop his ass and think its better to be a dumb redneck that is courteous than a rich "educated" prick.
Im a life coach.

Get a job! Pay your Bills! stay positive!

See.

Thatll be 500 bucks
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #40
LordOfWu

Only thing I kept thinking is that he is so superior and educated, but he agreed to a show called 'wife swap'...he is clearly acting, because not even 'uneducated' people from 'po-dunk' towns are not aware that current reality TV is about as far from refined and high class as you can get. Whole thing seems to me to be a set up to incite viewers into increased ratings and a little viral advertisement.