Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #21
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hotel wi-fi rant......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
YEP! I stay in the Hilton chain very regularly for work. The higher in the chain you go, the less you get. Craziness.
It is very odd, I assumed that all hotels nowadays have free wi-fi, guess not. Someone's gotta pay for Paris to be a dumbA$$.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

2 of the nicer hotels we stayed in while traveling with my kids hockey team had this same policy. And they just happened to be the 2 most expensive ones we stayed at (we generally get great rates with the entire hockey team staying).

Both times, I let loose the wife on the front desk and we got our wifi free. We even got a fridge comped along with the wifi at one of them.

The customer is always right, but they won't admit that unless you explain it to them.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #23
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

$13 a day? That's ridiculous!
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
$13 a day? That's ridiculous!
For you sir, special deal, twelve-fiddy.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Stupid Home Depot doesn't have free wifi, I am so done with them.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #26
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
Thats how hotels work now. Lower the price of the room and nit-pick everything. Next you will see a Quarter Machine on the Bathroom.
Not here. Holiday inn express in davenport.$52 a night pretty nice room 2 queen beds. Free wi-fi
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #27
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
If you complain loudly enough, they will give you a gift card. Just sayin.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #28
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

It must be a Marriott you're staying at. They suck at customer service. I consider them bottom feeders when it comes to these tactics. I stayed at a Marriott on the river in Savannah. Worst hotel experience ever and I'll never stay there again. Toilet wouldn't even flush. No continental breakfast and WiFi charges. No access to internet, either. It sucked hind tit.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I also had a problem with them - bought some Spanish Cedar wood chips for the yard, turns out they were from Portugal! No problem, my neighbor's cousin's barber has a friend in Seville that's going to hook me up...
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #30
bonjing
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Try booking in Vegas. A lot of the hotels now automatically charge a resort fee ranging from $15 - $25. Some include: free local calls (uh cell phone), internet access, and gym use (which is usually open from 8am to 6pm or something like that) daily newspaper, blah, blah, blah.

I'm sure you can reason with them to remove the charge, but really why automatically charge me something that I'm not going to use.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #31
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
It must be a Marriott you're staying at. They suck at customer service. I consider them bottom feeders when it comes to these tactics. I stayed at a Marriott on the river in Savannah. Worst hotel experience ever and I'll never stay there again. Toilet wouldn't even flush. No continental breakfast and WiFi charges. No access to internet, either. It sucked hind tit.
It's the Doubletree and I think they are Hilton. So they both suck!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #32
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Stay with Larry and milk his wifi.He might even let you bunk with him. (I've heard he's like that).
Old 05-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Stay with Larry and milk his wifi.
I misread that word while on the phone with a customer.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Too bad you feel that way.
I've worked for Marriott for a long time and see a lot of happy owners with the Vacation Club and our resort is free wifi and they even lend you an adapter for free if your computer runs slow. (we also enjoy a 85-90% occupancy rate year round with very high customer ratings on a 1600 villa golf resort.

Just the same, you still get people who are a pain in the ass and blame us if it's raining the whole week they are here.

If you're ever in town, try the Motel 6, I hear their toilets are on turbo flush. and the bottom feeding catfish sandwiches ain't bad either.

Never been to Savannah, but you're painting with a broad brush.

Last edited by floydpink; 05-18-2011 at 02:40 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #35
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
I misread that word while on the phone with a customer.
You're not the only one who thought that it said 'wife'.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #36
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Too bad you feel that way.
I've worked for Marriott for a long time and see a lot of happy owners with the Vacation Club and our resort is free wifi and they even lend you an adapter for free if your computer runs slow. (we also enjoy a 85-90% occupancy rate year round with very high customer ratings on a 1600 villa golf resort.

Just the same, you still get people who are a pain in the ass and blame us if it's raining the whole week they are here.

If you're ever in town, try the Motel 6, I hear their toilets are on turbo flush. and the bottom feeding catfish sandwiches ain't bad either.

Never been to Savannah, but you're painting with a broad brush.
If the shoe fits, then Marriott needs to wear it. They are so detached from the customer they don't know what customer service is. And to deal with them in special events is even a bigger pain in the a$$. Since you work for Marriott, perhaps you should pay attention to what customers are saying about you, investigate the complaints and act to solve them. From reading your post, it would appear you'd rather blame the customer for your troubles than to solve them.
If you're referring to the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando, here are the overall ratings:

Excellent: 410
Very Good: 208
Average: 58
Poor: 56
Terrible: 34

This means 80% thought their stay was good or better and out of 5 stars, they got 3.5. Not a very highly ranked hotel. This hotel failed to please 90 customers out of 776. Acceptable? BTW, I'd rated my stay in Savannah, GA average. They did fix the toilet . . . eventually. But, there's no value for the money spent and the Hampton in Savannah is a much better hotel.
If I'm ever in town, I'll look up a Hampton, thank you.

Last edited by cmitch; 05-18-2011 at 03:28 PM.
cmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #37
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

Just mention that you know Larry and see if that helps...
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #38
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
If the shoe fits, then Marriott needs to wear it. They are so detached from the customer they don't know what customer service is. And to deal with them in special events is even a bigger pain in the a$$. Since you work for Marriott, perhaps you should pay attention to what customers are saying about you, investigate the complaints and act to solve them. From reading your post, it would appear you'd rather blame the customer for your troubles than to solve them.
If you're referring to the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando, here are the overall ratings:

Excellent: 410
Very Good: 208
Average: 58
Poor: 56
Terrible: 34

This means 80% thought their stay was good or better and out of 5 stars, they got 3.5. Not a very highly ranked hotel. This hotel failed to please 90 customers out of 776. Acceptable? BTW, I'd rated my stay in Savannah, GA average. They did fix the toilet . . . eventually. But, there's no value for the money spent and the Hampton in Savannah is a much better hotel.
If I'm ever in town, I'll look up a Hampton, thank you.
We'll keep the light on at the Ritz Carlton for ya and do whatever it takes to regain your loyalty.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #39
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
I also had a problem with them - bought some Spanish Cedar wood chips for the yard, turns out they were from Portugal! No problem, my neighbor's cousin's barber has a friend in Seville that's going to hook me up...
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm the barber of Seville!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #40
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

We stay almost exclusively at Marriott hotels when we take our hockey trips, and with the exception of the 2 hotels I mentioned earlier, the Marriotts we stay at almost *all* offer free wifi, free breakfast, microwaves, fridges, funny little mini-stores at the front counter and they have all allowed us to drink in the lobby until dawn.

They may not be 5 star, but Marriott provides a very cost effective way to travel en masse, on the cheap. We dig em and dread when we hear there is no courtyard or marriott to stay when we book for hockey trips.

I'm sure they can't measure up to 5 star ratings, or maybe even 4 star ratings, but when it comes to the little things, and especially the TOPIC AT HAND, Marriotts take the cake in my book.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote