Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default Rocky Patel Edge Lite Connie Robusto

This is stick #2 from my 49er winnings

This started out like any other cigar until I took my first draw. The v-cut was perfect and pre-light draw was fairly easy. Once I lit it and took in the first puff, the cap began to come apart. The draw became super easy and I felt like I was drawing in mostly air. After just 4 draws I noticed that the wrapper cracked also.

As for the flavor, or lack there of, I didn't get anything much aside from a leather taste. The leather seemed to turn more to a cardboard taste as the smoke progressed. I was really fighting on putting this out or finishing it. I did get an ample amount of smoke, and a nasal exhale just about made my eyes water.

I made it past the 2nd third and nothing changed. I had about as much of this cigar as I could take. This was my first RP smoke, and I can't imagine his other lines are anything like this. I fought this cigar for 45 minutes, but in the end the cigar won. I don't think I will be adding these to my 'must have' list

Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rocky Patel Edge Lite Connie Robusto

I used to love this cigar when I first got into cigars. Now it's much too mild for my tastes.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote