Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Graycliff crystal lancero un-cut

Sorry, no pictures, I lost them during a hard disk crash before I could upload them.

As you might know, I visited the USA in the spring, and the first cigar shop that I entered was Corona Cigar Co at Sand Lake in Orlando and one of the first cigars that caught my eye was this Graycliff crystal lancero because it was un-cut. The price tag was pretty high with its $15, but I decided to buy one anyway for review purposes.

The wrapper is quite dark with some veins, but the attention is drawn to the shaggy foot anyway, and otherwise to the pigtail on the cap. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild acidy hay aroma. The construction feels good , the predraw is fine and leaved a mild peppery flavor in my mouth.

Once I light the cigars I can taste the pepper that I got from the predraw in combination with herbs and earthy tones. The pepper disappears soon and the flavors become a bit sticky by structure. After an inch and a half I can also taste some coffee, mild bitter, but the bitterness disappears after I purge the cigar. The earthy flavor is still the dominant flavor with the herbal flavor as support, the flavors progress to stick on my palate.

Little past the mid section of the cigars a nut flavor joins the party and towards the end of the cigar the coffee and herbs become a bit more powerful. The flavors are well balanced.

The amount of smoke is good, just like the draw and the burn. I would call this cigar medium bodied, full flavored. The ash looks funny because of the shaggy foot, and is quite dark.

Would I buy this cigar again? I would, but not for the $15 I had to pay for this one

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 8 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)