Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #321
BC-Axeman

Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

Still getting green beans. Tomatoes have slowed to a crawl. Potatoes are making a second crop. Squash still going. Most everything else is gone and we didn't start a winter crop. We haven't got the killing frost yet.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #322
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I just cleaned up the garden this past weekend. I left the broccoli for the bees as I always do. It'll keep putting on flowers and feeding the bees until it freezes hard as a rock. That's a good 8 weeks away, at least.
Our garden was absolutely stellar this year, we used just about everything. We were totally spoiled. Having just that little strip of dirt sure made me appreciate all the years of having great big gorgeous gardens.
Suburbia is hell.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #323
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Still crushing the jalpenos. Put up 4 quarters of pickled ones on Sunday. The bushes are still loaded, as are the bell peppers. I also planted 50-60 yellow onion bulbs this past weekend. The collards are giant! I think I'm ready to start cutting them by next week. 18 plants will take me into Feb. eating one per week. I'll give away a couple. The rutabagas, cabbage, and mustard are also doing well. Still have quite a bit of time for the Brussels sprouts. Hell, they probably won't be ready until around Feb or Mar. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #324
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

From post #305 to today - a little over 2 months. I'm cutting a collard head tomorrow. Can't wait. Peppers have slowed and have a little frost damage. I'll pull them after Thanksgiving and will plants a couple hundred more onions. Why not?

Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #325
BC-Axeman

Nice!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #326
BC-Axeman

That's all for this year. Brr-rr-rr-rr!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #327
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Although i was unable to plant a lot of veggies this season, I still enjoyed watching you alls gardens progress. Thanks for posting pictures.

Im over the cold weather already and it has just begun. Is it spring yet?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #328
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

I know I should have taken more pictures, but I didn't. I must say this year was the most productive and easiest year yet. The square foot garden with mushroom compost is certainly the way to go. I had more bell peppers than I could handle and the plants were huge!! I also got a ton of beans (contender is a easy and quick bean) and the soy beans were awesome as well ( I need to plant closer next year). The tomato's are still producing and I got some pics of those. Thanks again Jaime, I am going to try and grow at least one of each seed you sent. It may take me 20 years, but it should be fun!

I have already started on my winter garden. It was 76 here on Saturday and I was afraid my lettuce would bolt. But it's doing good. I have some black seeded simpson, some soloist chinese cabbage, rocky top lettuce salad mix and some danver carrots. I must say these carrots are coming up waaaay quicker than before. I think that is due to using fresher seeds and carrot tape.

I'll get some new pics of it all. But again, SFG is the way to go!

Lastly, I should have a treat in the spring which I'll show you all. For now it's a secret.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #329
BC-Axeman

I thought I'd start a permanent thread...
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...32#post1584932