Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Jas Sum Kral Red Knight Lonsdale

Another Jas Sum Kral Red Knight review, after the Lancero and the Toro? Yes! For three reasons, first one is that I love this blend, second one it that I haven’t reviewed this 6 1/2×42 Lonsdale yet and the final reason is the change of the factory, from Tabacalera Noa to Tabacalera Aragon, and I want to compare the two.

The blend hasn’t changed, moving from one factory to another, so its still a top secret filler blend with a half Mexican San Andres and half Jalapa seco leaf binder topped with Habano light claro from Ecuador as a wrapper. The toro scored high in my top 25 of last year, but that was still from the old factory I have to add.

I just love the look of this cigar, closed foot, pig tail, there is something about that. Add a shiny, oily, reddish brown wrapper with some thin veins, a drop dead gorgeous, detailed ring that has been edited a little since the first release as it now says ‘red knight’ too, and you have one of the prettiest cigars I have seen. The aroma reminds me of hay, with a little pepper, enough to make your nose tickle yet not enough to make you sneeze.

I cut the cigar. The cold draw is good, I taste some wood, raisin and pepper. After lighting I taste coffee with mild sweetness. Soon it changes to hay, dry wood with a little honey sweetness. Some earthy flavors show up too. The hay disappears. The honey changes to maple syrup and grows a bit in strength. Some pepper joins the flavors. On the background I also taste some vanilla. Halfway it’s soft wood with a maple syrup sweetness, pepper and that vanilla aftertaste. The final third starts woody with a little pepper, the sweetness and vanilla are gone. The few final puffs are full of milk chocolate with a little pepper.

The draw is amazing just like the burn. The ash is light in color. The smoke is medium full in volume and thickness. The cigar is smooth, medium full bodied and flavored. Even a retrohale doesn’t bother me at all. The smoke time is an hour and a forty five minutes, I nubbed it with the JSK Nub tool Riste gave me

Would I buy this cigar again? Hell yeah.

Score: 96

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...ight-lonsdale/