Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Room 101 - 213 (Corona)

Size: 5.5X44
Wrapper: Semilla 101 Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras, Dominican Republic
Price: $6.30

Room 101 is a luxury lifestyle featuring jewelery, clothing, accessories, and cigars founded by Matt Booth in 2003. I am going to focus on the 213 cigar but you should see his jewelery and cigar accessories. Website links will be included below so you can see for yourself. Room 101 cigars are blended by Camacho Cigars utilizing an exclusive Semilla 101 wrapper. The cigars come in six vitolas that are named for different area codes across the country. The 213 is a corona size and named after the Los Angeles area code. I have to thank my Twitter buddy @mobarbq for giving me a couple of these to try out.

Construction: The wrapper is a nice caramel brown and very smooth. A few extremely small veins can be seen on the slightly oily wrapper. The triple cap is perfectly done to top off the cigar. As I roll the cigar in my fingers it feels very light and evenly rolled. I do not detect any soft spots. The silver and black band is called "A true fusion of American tattoo and traditional Japanese design" on the Room 101 website. Room 101 stands out on the band and upon closer inspection you will read "Born in the city of Angels", "Locally Known", "Globally Respected", "Specially Blended By Camacho Cigars". You will also notice some traditional Japanese imagery and the Camacho logo. There is much to take just from looking over the band. I could not pick up any aroma off the wrapper while the foot had a grass and hay aroma. The pre-light draw was easy and had a spicy cinnamon flavor. The foot was quick and easy to light. You may notice in the photographs that the foot looks slightly off. This was due to my mishandling of the cigar after taking it out of the wrapper. Unfortunately, I had already smoked the other one I had and this one was used as my model.

First 3rd: The initial flavor was earthy with black pepper and a spicy finish. It doesn't take long for a nice wood flavor to appear. The ash was a dirty white and fell off at one inch in. The draw is just right and the cigar produces a ton of smoke. One thing that I am really enjoying is the wonderful aroma of the smoke in the air. Most cigars smell fantastic to me but this one received nice comments from others around me including non-smokers.

Second 3rd: The spiciness subsides and the cigar is very smooth and creamy. The wood flavor develops into a nice cedar flavor. I am somewhat reminded of a Camacho Corojo as I smoke this. They are not the same cigar but I am sure you have experienced moments of smoking where you can grasp that unique thing that a manufacturer always seems to incorporate into their cigars. I haven't smoked many Camacho Cigars aside from the Corojo and this cigar brought back memories of the Corojo.

Final 3rd: The creaminess continues into the last part of the cigar. There is a nice mix between cocoa and espresso through the end. I couldn't help but smoke the nub down until I was dangerously close to burning my lips. The strength seemed to really pick up towards the end. It was not overpowering but just right in my opinion.

Final Thoughts: I really enjoyed smoking this cigar and one of my buddies was verbally wishing he also had one to smoke. If I had another one I would have shared but it wasn't his lucky day. Sharing a good cigar with like minded people is part of enjoying cigars. The ash never could get past the 1 inch mark but it held together and did not flake. From start to finish the burn was razor thin and I was able to keep my lighter in my pocket the entire time. If I had to make a list of positives and negatives for this cigar I can honestly say the negative list would be blank. Looking at the price point I would not hesitate to recommend a box purchase. If you are an under $5 a stick bargain hunter these will be worth the little extra and won't stretch you too far. For those who don't mind dropping $10 or more I think you will find this to be a steal for what you get.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/room101cigars
Twitter: @Room101Cigars
Twitter: @ROOM101SILVER

The best cigar is a cigar shared with a friend.

See the pics here: http://cigarcatadore.blogspot.com/20...-213.html#more

Don't forget to enter to win a free box of LGC Serie N!!!!
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Room 101 - 213 (Corona)

I have enjoyed a few of the Room 101s. I was impressed.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Room 101 and Matt Booth also made large donations of cigars and swag to deployed troops (especially to the Marines with whom Matt Booth previously served).

That was reason enough for me to try his cigars, the fact that they were also a good smoke was all gravy.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
Room 101 and Matt Booth also made large donations of cigars and swag to deployed troops (especially to the Marines with whom Matt Booth previously served).

That was reason enough for me to try his cigars, the fact that they were also a good smoke was all gravy.
I did not know that. Thanks for sharing brother.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Room 101 is a solid smoke!!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

I believe I've got one of these buried in the humidor somewhere; I'll have to dig it out and give it a try.