Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Don Juan Urquijo figurado

This Philippians 140mm ring 42 figurado is made of Dominican and Brazilian tobacco with Philippians binder and a Connecticut wrapper. The silky wrapper is smooth and clean, the predraw is a bit hard, and the aroma is very light. The band is very stylish, black with gold letters. Cigar feels well constructed and firm.

Lighting is easy because of the small burning point, but because of that, the draw is hard. The first flavor is nice soft leather and as soon burn reaches the thicker part of the cigar the draw gets much easier. At the background I could taste a light flavor of liquorices. I expected sweetness because of the Brazilian tobacco, but I can’t taste it anywhere which surprises me. The flavor is pretty smooth and consistent. At the end the liquorices is getting stronger.

The smoke is thick enough, ashes firm and nice colored but the burn is a bit crooked, which usually happens to me when I smoke a cigar of this shape.

Would I buy this cigar again? Probably not although it is a nice cigar for its money.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote