Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Kingantz

Default Padron Londres Natural

Down in the mid twenties last night leaving a hard frost this morning, and as the sun creeps over the trees, its rays cause the tiny crystals to sparkle; simply beautiful. A couple of squirrels are chasing each other on a nearby tree, crows cawing in the background. Other than that, it’s very peaceful. I’ve bundled up and brought out a Padron Londres Natural that I received from my buddy Bill several months ago, should go well with a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The Nicaraguan wrapper is a slight shade lighter than the maduro with not much by way of oil, rather rustic and rugged looking. It is firm when squeezed, feeling a bit lumpy throughout, and has a good weight in the hand. After punching the cap I find the draw with a slight over resistance, which should work perfectly with this marca as they do pack a good bit of strength. The taste coming through in the cold draw is of a straightforward tobacco.

With the foot lit and smoke flowing well, I take my first draw that brings a mild to almost medium spice which hits the back of the tongue and throat just right. The smoke itself is a good medium strength with the body full over the palate. Right from the start, I find the flavors incredibly rich with tastes of dark brown sugar, wood, coffee and a delicious sweet twang in the lasting finish.

Through the first half, the burn is sharp with a loose ash that barely holds through the first inch and then falls on its own the second. Medium strength smoke is flowing well through the perfect draw with the spice continuing to be just right on the back of the tongue and throat. I can’t seem to get enough of this cigar as the flavors are so rich and incredibly delicious to my palate with the finish lasting long after exhaling slowly through mouth and nose. I’m already wishing I had a couple few full boxes of these.

The cigar remained consistent through the last half with sharp burn, perfect draw, incredibly rich flavors, and lasting finish that was lip smacking good. I find the maduro has a bit more power in both spice and strength with a somewhat darker, earthier taste. The natural I would say is a perfect fit for morning, the maduro for after dinner. Both fantastic smokes!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Padron Londres Natural

Thanks for the review. I love the maduro!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I could go for one of these right about now...
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
jwillm

Great review. Have always been partial to the smaller ring gauge Padrons. WONDERFUL photos as well!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Thanks for great review with all the nice pics!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Great review. I've always felt this under $5 cigar smokes better than many twice the price. Never had a bad Padron.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
cricky101
Micro brew tester

First Name: Chris
Trading: (8)
RA
cricky101 will become famous soon enough

Love the Londres. Always have a box of them in the humidor -- they're a great value!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

It was my first smoke this morning at my desk
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
jkstewart1
Time to change the Avatar

First Name: John
Trading: (7)
jkstewart1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review and love the pics. I wish more reviewers would do the same!
jkstewart1 is offline   Reply With Quote