Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-25-2015, 04:59 AM   #1
djturnz
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Josh
Trading: (0)
djturnz is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone tried the DMatch Torch Lighter?

I stopped at walmart to get another Ronson Jet, and they had a few more options. I grabbed one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/DMATCH-REFILLA...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt for $3.50.

Amazon says it's unavailable, so I can't compare the price. I know the Ronson is also $3.50, but Amazon it's like $7. Family Dollar has them on closeout for $6.50.

Walmart also had SPARK brand lighters. One has tools on it, and another was "windproof" with a ZIPPO-type casing. They even had one of the USB chargeable ones that has the heated coil. Too small for a cigar though, but it's a neat concept. The only Cigar sized version I've seen is the Agniter, which is $50.

I also got one I ordered from eBay over a month ago in the mail last night. Junky gold with a fake diamond and a little window to see the butane. It took some fiddling to get it started, but now it works. When you release the torch flame, there is a soft flame left behind. NOt sure it's point, but kind of neat.

There is also a Large Butane Torch in the Automotive section I might pick up to keep in the garage.

I like my Ronson (complete with the suggested mods) but it lasted for 2 sticks with a couple relights. And you can't see the tank.
djturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has anyone tried the DMatch Torch Lighter?

Can't say I have ever heard of this brand, nor seen it
Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #3
djturnz
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Josh
Trading: (0)
djturnz is on a distinguished road

Two weeks ago, my Walmart didn't have it, and now they do. Though I am wondering if it's discontinued, if Amazon says not available.

I think mine is going to need a little modding. Even the lowest flame setting is a bit high. I'll pop it open and slip the gear, just like we used to do in high school to get a 5 inch flame, but backwards. lol
djturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #4
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Honestly never heard of it and at this point I'm down to one working Ronson I keep in my Jeep as a backup. I'd rather spend a little more on a cheap Xikar with a lifetime warranty I can swap out at a B&M if it malfunctions. Just my .02 and worth as much.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
I stopped at walmart to get another Ronson Jet, and they had a few more options. I grabbed one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/DMATCH-REFILLA...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt for $3.50.

Amazon says it's unavailable, so I can't compare the price. I know the Ronson is also $3.50, but Amazon it's like $7. Family Dollar has them on closeout for $6.50.
Last year when CVS Pharmacies closed out all of their tobacco and tobacco related products, I bought a number of those which were being sold under a different brand name without the included butane. I sent most of them off to the troops and kept 1 or 2 to see if I should try to source more of them for the troop packages. The one I've used seems to be holding up fine.

Last edited by T.G; 02-25-2015 at 07:22 AM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote