Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #21
HB Toaster
Ahead of the Game. Barely

First Name: Walt
Trading: (0)
HB Toaster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cabinet Interior Lighting

[I'm still probably gonna beat these guys]I like confidence Scott. But... This weekend I designed my layout and made practice connections with my strips and wire. My wife, who doesn't really understand (or maybe care) about my fancy lighting, did take notice when I started flashing different colors and speeds. Now I just need to finish. Looking forward to this weekend. Pictures are coming. I will show the different materials I used also. Wire management seems to be the biggest challenge as I am trying to conceal as much wire as I can.
HB Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:14 AM   #22
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Toaster View Post
[I'm still probably gonna beat these guys]I like confidence Scott. But... This weekend I designed my layout and made practice connections with my strips and wire. My wife, who doesn't really understand (or maybe care) about my fancy lighting, did take notice when I started flashing different colors and speeds. Now I just need to finish. Looking forward to this weekend. Pictures are coming. I will show the different materials I used also. Wire management seems to be the biggest challenge as I am trying to conceal as much wire as I can.
cool!!!! Take shot by shot pics, be very thorough please
Old 03-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #23
HB Toaster

Name:  IMG_3935 (2).jpg
Views: 225
Size:  35.6 KB This is a taste of my lighting project in my Montegue
Name:  IMG_3936 (2).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  33.8 KB humidor. I will add more detail to this when I can.
Name:  IMG_3938.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  78.0 KB Busy at work today, but just wanted to give an idea.
Name:  photo13_zpsda4816e3.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  61.3 KB
Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Bad. Ass.
Well done, Walt!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #25
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

That looks great Walt!!!! That is totally what I want to do.....i'm just too stupid to do it.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #26
HB Toaster

Thanks Scott and Mickey. I had never done much low voltage lighting before but it is not that hard to do once you understand the basics. You need LED lighting (about 16' for my humidor) a controller, transformer, RGB wire (About 10 Meters) and some connector strips to transfer from the LED strips to the wire. The most important thing I learned though is to buy good wire strippers. The ones that are made by Irwin (Vice Grips) are in my opinion the best. Crimping connectors takes a little practice but is relatively easy once you get it. A stapler is helpful also to tack the wire and strips where you want it to go. I used a wide staple to make sure I didn't pierce the strips or wire. I used two LED strips under each shelf but probably one would have worked also.

Everything you need can be purchased from Amazon or equal, online. My total cost was about $60.

Mickey send me your email address in a private message and I will forward more detailed info.

Laying everything out probably took an hour. Putting it together took about 4 hours. It is fun to try the different colors and light patterns, or just to be able to see all your cigars at night. One thing that the bright light showed me was that I do have some air leaks around my door hinges. Another project...
Old 03-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #27
Sadden
Its only money...

First Name: Colin
Cohiba
Sadden will become famous soon enough

Haha , no progress here. Had a tooth out last week , with some minor complications. And getting married in april so most of my time/energy/money has been going in that direction. Also been so crazy with work I have barely had time to breath.

I will get around to it sometime though!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #28
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Toaster View Post
Thanks Scott and Mickey. I had never done much low voltage lighting before but it is not that hard to do once you understand the basics. You need LED lighting (about 16' for my humidor) a controller, transformer, RGB wire (About 10 Meters) and some connector strips to transfer from the LED strips to the wire. The most important thing I learned though is to buy good wire strippers. The ones that are made by Irwin (Vice Grips) are in my opinion the best. Crimping connectors takes a little practice but is relatively easy once you get it. A stapler is helpful also to tack the wire and strips where you want it to go. I used a wide staple to make sure I didn't pierce the strips or wire. I used two LED strips under each shelf but probably one would have worked also.

Everything you need can be purchased from Amazon or equal, online. My total cost was about $60.

Mickey send me your email address in a private message and I will forward more detailed info.

Laying everything out probably took an hour. Putting it together took about 4 hours. It is fun to try the different colors and light patterns, or just to be able to see all your cigars at night. One thing that the bright light showed me was that I do have some air leaks around my door hinges. Another project...

Thanks for the offer.......pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
Haha , no progress here. Had a tooth out last week , with some minor complications. And getting married in april so most of my time/energy/money has been going in that direction. Also been so crazy with work I have barely had time to breath.

I will get around to it sometime though!
Sadden....congrats bro.....yeah, you're going through a lot right now....no worries.