Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default We Need A Lawyer. Any Brothers Here Work In Law?

Lisa and I talked this morning about a problem that's been hanging over our heads for a couple months now and we can't get it cleared up.
We're just finally at a point where we need to get a lawyer to get this all cleaned up, because we've had zero luck and have no reason to believe we're going to have any in the future.
Problem is, we don't know what kind of lawyer to hire. No clue.
If possible, I'd like to find one of my brothers here who is in law who can handle this mess. That'd be ideal. I'd feel safe knowing we have a true friend and someone we trust on our side.

It all goes to this thread.

A car dealer here used Lisa's name to procure a loan for another person. PNC Bank granted the loan and sent the payment book to Lisa. Then a late notice.
PNC Bank refuses to fix it, they say they have 90 days. Then a few days ago a PNC rep called and couldn't believe this had all been let go despite all our calls, fraud claim, police report, etc. She was calling right back. Still nothing.
Two weeks ago we went to the dealer who sold the car. They were aware of the mistake because the lady who bought the car came in and asked why she wasn't paying for the car. We left our info and they still have not contacted us.

Bottom line is that we just continue to be ignored, Lisa's credit is going down the tube, and we simply cannot get anyone at either place to take care of the matter, fix their mistakes, accept responsibility, nothing.

We're just at the end of our options and if we don't get someone who knows the law to clear this up for us, we are totally screwed.
It's a sh1tty situation, period.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation
Default Re: We Need A Lawyer. Any Brothers Here Work In Law?

Damn brother your still dealing with this....Sorry Brother wish I could help you out!! I hate to say it but I wouldn't wait around, get a lawyer immiditately and get cracking!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

I'd have the banks a$$ for all the trouble...and the Car dealership!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what kind of lawyer would handle this sort of thing. No clue.
Plus I'm hoping one of the brothers here works in this line of law. That'd make us feel a LOT better.

Plus, we're not about having anyone's ass or their job or their money. We just want the problem fixed, and want to be compensated for the hours of work Lisa has in fixing this. We don't care what the compensation is. A phone call from someone saying sorry would do, but we can't even get that.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

PM sent
Old 12-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

Scott,
I just got off the phone with a close friend who is a car dealer, In Michigan he said the State Attorneys office deals with this type of fraud and should be able to handle the entire issue with out the need for a lawyer
The just handled a fraud complaint case with a survey company in my Dad behalf in 3 days
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailchaser View Post
Scott,
I just got off the phone with a close friend who is a car dealer, In Michigan he said the State Attorneys office deals with this type of fraud and should be able to handle the entire issue with out the need for a lawyer
The just handled a fraud complaint case with a survey company in my Dad behalf in 3 days
Chris, the thing is, it's not fraud. It's simply a clerical error.
Now no one will repair or take responsibility for the error because they know there are consequences. Had they just taken care of it two months ago when we found the problem, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But now it's mushroomed into a huge mess because everyone is hiding from it.
Add to that, it's more days and hours and cost incurred by us to travel, call and beg. We're completely exhausted with all that, which is why we're willing to pay someone to handle it and cut our losses. We just can't take anymore.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
tupacboy
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
tupacboy is on a distinguished road

which state?
tupacboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
Resipsa

You need a lawyer admitted in PA Scott
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It's in Ohio.
The dealer is in Ohio, we're in Ohio. The bank is PNC and the payment book came from PA, but they have branches all around here.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I would still think a call to the Attorney General for your state is a great idea. I have dealt with companies that really only respond to inquiries from the AG. It sucks, and that's why I am no longer there. But it does get some response.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
You need a lawyer admitted in PA Scott
Is that cause the bank is in PA, Vic? I live in Ohio now, have since Lisa and I got married. It's been almost a year now.
Lisa has lived here for 30 years or so, and this is all on her name, if that matters.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I would still think a call to the Attorney General for your state is a great idea. I have dealt with companies that really only respond to inquiries from the AG. It sucks, and that's why I am no longer there. But it does get some response.
I'll let Lisa know about that. I didn't mean to be so dismissive in the post to Chris, I was just distracted by the phone, kid, wife, etc. I'm sorry about that.
I told Lisa about the Attorney General. I think she'll call, I'll let you guys know.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

The Office of Consumer Affairs is under the AG in Ohio. http://com.ohio.gov/fiin/OCAAbout.aspx
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I hope you can get some damages out of this. What a pain!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Have you tried contacting a consumer support advocate at a local television station?

They love stories like this and the banks and car dealers are like roaches - they scurry from the spotlight.

Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Have you tried contacting a consumer support advocate at a local television station?

They love stories like this and the banks and car dealers are like roaches - they scurry from the spotlight.

Posted via Mobile Device
+1 on this. Nothing makes for quick action like a bad re-action.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Wiener!!!!

Call every local media outlet near you and let them know what's going on and I bet you more than a couple will be happy to "investigate". Not only can they get things turned around but you get the added satisfaction that alot of people see how they work.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

That's a good idea, Peter.
Heck is, we bought a car from this dealer, are happy with them, and are happy with the gentleman there that we dealt with two weeks ago.
The problem at the dealership is that guy's boss who this falls to. Apparently he's a dick. Plus this is his responsibility. Plus he knows all about it. The only thing standing between him and making a phone call to us is his ego and admission of making a mistake.

The bottom line is that we have too many hours wrapped up in this already. Calling the news would take more time out of our day and take Lisa away from her work. She can't take time to be interviewed and bothered, it just puts us right back in the same boat.
That's why we're willing to pay a lawyer to clean this up. It's already cost us too much and it's gone nowhere.
If a lawyer costs a thousand bucks, we'll be money ahead. Hindsight being 20/20, we'd be way further ahead moneywise if we'd have hired someone to fix this on day one.
Weeze is swamped with work and just simply does not have time to fuss with it for one more minute, so she handed it off to me so I can put an end to it. My temper won't stand one more phone call, so it's best that someone who's not so upset handle this, ya know?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Is that cause the bank is in PA, Vic? I live in Ohio now, have since Lisa and I got married. It's been almost a year now.
Lisa has lived here for 30 years or so, and this is all on her name, if that matters.
No, it's cause for some odd reason I thought you were in PA,

If the action took place in Ohio disregard.