Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #201
Trent0341
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (7)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Trent0341 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
It is a cigar box, it is actually the same box the "Outlaw" Tats came in...

~brooks
Thanks for the pic... I've rolled the dice on this one. I'm willing to bet PJ comes through.
Trent0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #202
jovenhut
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (64)
jovenhut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty5 View Post
As Brooks already mentioned in this thread, sizes or blends may have changed since these pictures were taken but these were the original S&S samplers:
Attachment 9243
Attachment 9244
Attachment 9245
Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #203
Seasick Sailor

Your membership does include cigars. Pete confirms it on the site, and from the sound of it, the people who told you that it would be a mix of regular production, limited edition, and prototypes got it right.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if it's worth it to you. For me it was. YMMV. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #204
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Sailor View Post
Your membership does include cigars. Pete confirms it on the site, and from the sound of it, the people who told you that it would be a mix of regular production, limited edition, and prototypes got it right.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if it's worth it to you. For me it was. YMMV. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
I think the people who are bashing this club are those who have chases NC LE's in the past and are feeling burned out on it with this club. I think it happens with every new le release, but more so with this as the benefits of the club are so vague.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #205
mariogolbee

Quote:
What I don't understand is why people feel the need to bash those who find value in it or Pete for giving his fans what many of them asked for.
Cognitive dissonance.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #206
thecatch83

Quote:

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
I think the people who are bashing this club are those who have chases NC LE's in the past and are feeling burned out on it with this club. I think it happens with every new le release, but more so with this as the benefits of the club are so vague.
Posted via Mobile Device
And with S&S, there is no chasing.......kind of ironical
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #207
Loon
Just in from the Storm

First Name: x
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Active)
Loon will become famous soon enoughLoon will become famous soon enough

And now we can all bow our heads with great respect and
genuflect genuflect genuflect.

Loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #208
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loon View Post
And now we can all bow our heads with great respect and
genuflect genuflect genuflect.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #209
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

After much back & forth (with myself) I came to a very sound decision based on one thing - You only live once.

I'm now #152.

For those doing the math - with me signed up at 152 (x$150) that is $22,800 made in a couple days for Pete! (minus his costs of course)

would it be fun to see a running income total on this or not?? -

M
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #210
Trent0341
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (7)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Trent0341 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhren View Post
After much back & forth (with myself) I came to a very sound decision based on one thing - You only live once.

I'm now #152.

For those doing the math - with me signed up at 152 (x$150) that is $22,800 made in a couple days for Pete! (minus his costs of course)

would it be fun to see a running income total on this or not?? -

M
I can't imagine that after expenses and whatever donation he's making to charity that this affects his bottom line much. I am curious as to how many people this will draw?
Trent0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #211
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

I'm on the fence. Normally, I'd be all over this, but I have plenty to smoke and not smoking as many NCs these days. Plus I'd hate to smoke one stick, love it, and not have any more, or any other chance of getting more.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #212
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by srduggins View Post
I'm on the fence. Normally, I'd be all over this, but I have plenty to smoke and not smoking as many NCs these days. Plus I'd hate to smoke one stick, love it, and not have any more, or any other chance of getting more.
I'm guessing that all the sticks in the sampler are readily available either before or after said sampler is sent out. He can't make money if people love cigars he doesn't even sell. It will make a lot more money for him in the long run for all the people who buy into the 'limited and test' thought.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #213
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent0341 View Post
I can't imagine that after expenses and whatever donation he's making to charity that this affects his bottom line much. I am curious as to how many people this will draw?
You're thinking he's not generating income from the sign-up fee?

I'm basing this on a fellow (manufacturer) I spoke on the phone with who let slip that they sell to retailers at about 50% of what's charged. This was on a particular stick, but still, I would think around 11K of that is profit.

But, he would have to pay for web programming as well. Shipping, etc. So, maybe less...I guess he's not making half profit, but he (or anyone for that matter) is not in business to break even.

M
Old 05-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #214
mariogolbee

I'm number 166 since you want to keep track, M. I shifted some funds around so I could sign up. I'm sure the sticks will be worth it. I had the option of a XXXL tee, and swag tees are usually XXL at best. The hat is kinda nifty. The rest of the swag aint bad neither.

Yes, $150 could buy a box of... something. They would all be the same something, and it would likely not be the same opportunity.

As for the donation thing, PJ has already done two years of the Verite thing as charity, and has a lot of respect for the Fuentes which donate a lot to charity. I'm sure it will be a worthwhile cut to charity.

Another thing I noticed when signing up is that they ask for your country, mention international shipping through USPS int. flat rate, and the shipping is free. IDK if this will hold up for my international BOTL here, but $150 USD is a steal for some Tats shipped free over seas considering that shipping is pricey across the pond, and I think it's more difficult and expensive to get NCs over there anyway. IDK how all that works, but it's a thought.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #215
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I'm still debating about signing up but its very tempting, no matter what the haters say.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #216
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

Still a toss up for me at this point.
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #217
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I posted on Petes wall and he did confirm that it includes 15 sticks. Trying to shift some funds around as 15 Tats is worth the coin plus I look at the other stuff to be a bonus although the only thing it the pack besides the cigars that I would probably like having is the tee and hat as I am a cigar tee ho.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #218
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I'm guessing that all the sticks in the sampler are readily available either before or after said sampler is sent out. He can't make money if people love cigars he doesn't even sell. It will make a lot more money for him in the long run for all the people who buy into the 'limited and test' thought.
Great point. I think I'm going to hold out. If you're wrong, then oh well, I lost out on trying some 1 off sticks that I could never get again. If you're right, then you saved me $150 from buying into the club now.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #219
burnem
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (3)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
burnem is on a distinguished road

I am grateful for sinners and saints. It is at this point that I can say that I am through chasing hard to finds. There are too many normal production Tats to enjoy if the quality doesn't start to slip because all the extra effort being put into the blending and production of these HTFs. There are just too many Pepin blends, Cubans, and other cigars to enjoy.
burnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #220
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

I weighed the options, and for me, it wasn't worth it. Then again, I am not a huge Tat fan. I like Tat's, but IMHO, Studio Tobac smokes are better. If ST had a similar club, I'd be there in a heartbeat, and spend the $$. I guess it's all about what cigar brand you like, and if it's worth it for you.

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote