Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Angry Dang Thieves!!!!

Someone stole my radar detector, power cord, mounting unit, TomTom, and 2 way power supply from my car last night.

I hope karma bites whoever did this in the rear end. May they burn in hell. I hate thieves.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dang Thieves!!!!

Bums, they're all bums!!
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

That sucks.

Did they just smash out the window and run?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
leasingthisspace

Sorry to hear it. I hate thieves too.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

that sucks.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
That sucks.

Did they just smash out the window and run?
No. Luckily they didn't damage my car. I think I accidentally left the car unlocked b/c I had some packages to carry from my car last night.

It just sucks b/c I live in a nice neighborhood.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

What is the protocol now? Do I contact my insurance company first or file a police report?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Check the nearest pawn shops asap. Also you know that pre-teen down the street? Keep an eye out if he has a new ipod or something in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
What is the protocol now? Do I contact my insurance company first or file a police report?

Police report. Most insurance will require one before they will do anything. BTW if your vehicle insurance doesn't cover and the car was in your drive way check with your homeowners policy it may cover.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No. Luckily they didn't damage my car. I think I accidentally left the car unlocked b/c I had some packages to carry from my car last night.

It just sucks b/c I live in a nice neighborhood.
Well I am sure you won't forget to lock your doors from now on. It still sucks though.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that, druggies
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Check the nearest pawn shops asap. Also you know that pre-teen down the street? Keep an eye out if he has a new ipod or something in the next few days.
There aren't any pawn shops nearby.

Quote:
Well I am sure you won't forget to lock your doors from now on. It still sucks though.
Yep. I will be sure to lock them now. In a way, it might have been better to leave them unlocked. Otherwise, they might have smashed the window. I would then have to get the window re-tinted.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
itsme_timd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tim
Trading: (3)
ERdM
itsme_timd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Insurance company will want the police report. Call the police and file the report, then call your insurance company.

Sorry to hear that got ya'.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Chalk it up as a loss. I am sure your deductible won't we worth the value of the items and the rise in your insurance premiums. Call the police, but chances are they won't do much to find the people who took it. Going to be tough to trace unless there is something that distinguishes the items from any other or they happen to find a serial thief. It sucks, but it happened to my brother and pretty much all they could say was, "Next time lock your doors".
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #14
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
...Police report. Most insurance will require one before they will do anything. BTW if your vehicle insurance doesn't cover and the car was in your drive way check with your homeowners policy it may cover.
Thanks for the advice. It was on the street. Also, when determining the value of the contets, do I give the price I paid for the items or the value of them used?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Yep. I will be sure to lock them now. In a way, it might have been better to leave them unlocked. Otherwise, they might have smashed the window. I would then have to get the window re-tinted.
Chances are they were just checking for unlocked doors, unless there is another car in the neighborhood who got something stolen and they actually broke into it.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
str8edg

not sure the protocol... but that sucks sir.

I hate that we live in a society where we have to lock our doors.

Karma... have faith. Just think the people who stole you stuff, are probably so strung out on dope that they are already on the wrong side of the karma wheel... or they are just @holes!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #17
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

The price you paid. They will depreciate it from there.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. It was on the street. Also, when determining the value of the contets, do I give the price I paid for the items or the value of them used?
Replacement cost.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Chalk it up as a loss. I am sure your deductible won't we worth the value of the items and the rise in your insurance premiums. Call the police, but chances are they won't do much to find the people who took it. Going to be tough to trace unless there is something that distinguishes the items from any other or they happen to find a serial thief. It sucks, but it happened to my brother and pretty much all they could say was, "Next time lock your doors".
I have a $100 deductible. The radar detector is $300 new, Tom Tom is about $120. Cigarette lighter 2-way adapter is about $7
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #20
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have a $100 deductible. The radar detector is $300 new, Tom Tom is about $120. Cigarette lighter 2-way adapter is about $7
So you will get $427-$100-depreciation. Then when you replace the items, if it cost more than the depreciation they took on it, they will reimburse you the difference. It probably isn't worth it because your insurance will go up for a long, long time.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote