Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 11-26-2023, 07:23 AM   #3641
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Finally got my hands on an ECBP C923 last night, hopefully it lives up to the hype it has been getting online. Anyone have it yet?
Old 11-26-2023, 08:02 AM   #3642
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Finally got my hands on an ECBP C923 last night, hopefully it lives up to the hype it has been getting online. Anyone have it yet?
Yes. It’s phenomenal. I have two bottles sitting on my kitchen table for a friend. Tempted to keep them. But he paid me, and I’m not going to be a dick.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:05 AM   #3643
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I enjoyed my bottle of C923, but it's only my 3rd favorite batch at best. But for MSRP, I'd buy more.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 02:07 PM   #3644
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I enjoyed my bottle of C923, but it's only my 3rd favorite batch at best. But for MSRP, I'd buy more.
What are 1, 2? And did you finish this one already?
Old 11-27-2023, 07:58 AM   #3645
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
What are 1, 2? And did you finish this one already?
I did finish the C923 already, Bob.

My two favorites are B520 and C919. They both have a depth of flavor that C923 doesn't quite reach for me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-27-2023, 08:00 AM   #3646
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Opened a gift from another Inmate, this one is really good. Sweet and savory notes, some super interesting flavors. Thanks John!

Old 11-27-2023, 11:07 AM   #3647
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
I did finish the C923 already, Bob.

My two favorites are B520 and C919. They both have a depth of flavor that C923 doesn't quite reach for me.
Dayum! I need to up my game.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #3648
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Opened a gift from another Inmate, this one is really good. Sweet and savory notes, some super interesting flavors. Thanks John!

the OFKR is a good pour. We still have tons of it around here. Not sure I like the price hike from the OR ($65 to $85).

I do like those Noel Rojas Street Tacos. One of my consistent NC to smoke. Rojas rolls those from his warehouse here outside of Dallas. Nice guy too.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:08 AM   #3649
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Dayum! I need to up my game.
You have upped your game recently, and it keeps rising Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
the OFKR is a good pour. We still have tons of it around here. Not sure I like the price hike from the OR ($65 to $85).

I do like those Noel Rojas Street Tacos. One of my consistent NC to smoke. Rojas rolls those from his warehouse here outside of Dallas. Nice guy too.
Crazy that the OFKR is only sold in Texas, it's fetching $130-150 on secondary here...you could come to Illinois with a few cases and make a killing, Tony.

The Rojas ST are probably my favorite NC right now that aren't Padron/Fuente priced.

Old 11-28-2023, 09:05 AM   #3650
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Did you try the 2023-04 Bookers, Tom? Just wondering how it rates.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #3651
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Went by my local base this morning to run some errands. I wasn't really looking to shop, but I popped into the liquor store as it's by the gas station ($2.43 a gallon? Hell yeah!). They had Old Grandad BIB and Jack Daniels Single Barrel BP on sale and well, I can't pass that up.

ETA: I've never been a Jack Daniel's fan. Not the Old #7, not Gentleman, none of them. But the Single Barrel BP is so damned good. I probably should have grabbed two while it was on sale.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #3652
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Middle of the pack for Booker's Storyteller, Bob. I'd rate it 3rd of 2023 after Charlie's and Mighty Fine, but still a solid drinker. Not like Apprentice.

James, I am a lot like you. Never was a big JD fan until I tried the single barrel BP. I've had a couple store picks that were even better, definitely worth looking out for.

Old 11-30-2023, 08:43 AM   #3653
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Speak of the Devil, James. Binny's released a new Jack Daniels Barrel Proof single barrel yesterday. It was a no brainer to grab one. It's middle of the road as far as these picks go, which is still pretty darn tasty.

Old 11-30-2023, 02:31 PM   #3654
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Finally cracked this one open. Local store pick. Chocolate, maple syrup on the nose. Carries over to the taste, although definitely richer. Like dark chocolate. Lots of oak. Some tannins. Medium long finish. Should only get better.

Old 12-01-2023, 08:04 AM   #3655
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Glad it's a good one, Bob, I've had really good luck with 1792 FP picks as well. I was thinking about opening my last one but then I bought the JDBSSB and opened that instead.

Last night another pour of the OF KR, really liking this one.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:15 AM   #3656
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Decided to have some fun, with a blind tasting of some Makers Mark stave finished bottles I have.

It’s a toss up between the BRT-02 and the store pick. The French oaked a distant third, which is odd as the store pick is a mix of a bunch of different French oak staves.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:05 PM   #3657
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Decided to have some fun, with a blind tasting of some Makers Mark stave finished bottles I have.

It’s a toss up between the BRT-02 and the store pick. The French oaked a distant third, which is odd as the store pick is a mix of a bunch of different French oak staves.
Cool comparison, Bob. I had some of the French Oaked at a herf and enjoyed it, but those stave finished batches are great. FAE-02 from 2021 is my favorite. Love me a good store pick too.

Old 12-03-2023, 01:25 PM   #3658
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Cool comparison, Bob. I had some of the French Oaked at a herf and enjoyed it, but those stave finished batches are great. FAE-02 from 2021 is my favorite. Love me a good store pick too.
I found it pretty interesting, as I really like the French Oaked, and I didn’t really like the store pick at first tasting. But it’s really changed since opening it. Was a fun little experiment.
Old 12-04-2023, 09:12 AM   #3659
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Lots of good bourbon flowing around here, nice job everybody

No recent big scores, hoping to find a fun bottle or two at some point this month but I'm not a big customer at these stores anymore so I'm not expecting much. At least I'll get to sip something nice at the local pub that does a December whiskey/beer of the day. Last year the pricing for the good stuff was way too high, they came back down and this year have things like (1.5oz pours) 2013 ECBP for $15, Parkers or Old Fitz for $20, ER17 or GTS for $30. Their queso and burgers are amazing as well so it doesn't take much to convince the family to take a night out. They used to offer the pours to go as well but not this year

Quote:
Enough about whiskey, how was the cigar?
Old 12-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #3660
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post

Enough about whiskey, how was the cigar?
Stellar, Brother.

ER17 for $30? Yes please.