Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about
Default Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic torpedo

Not a review by any means, just my thoughts as I've only been enjoying cigars for a month or so now.

Cigar looked and smelled great before light up. Not any veins to speak of, very sleek in my opinion.

While removing the band the cigar cracked. It shouldnt have been dry because its been in my humi for over a week now. Kinda confusing but not too bothersome.

After cutting the tip I noticed the draw was horrible. Cut a little more off with same result.

First 5 minutes of the cigar were great, I loved all of the flavors I was getting even though the draw was still horrible.

The burn was very uneven, probably about an inch difference from one side to the other even with me rotating it.

I hope this is just a rare mishap, as I was very excited about this cigar. I will go to the B&M to get another one soon and see how it goes next time.
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic torpedo

That is kind of weird. If it cracked when the band came off, that's a sign of dryness. If the burn is uneven that could be a sign of being to wet.

Maybe you pinched it when removing the band?

That being said, it's totally possible it was a dud. I've had these types of problems with the LP Undercrowns. My first 2 were terribly constructed, with uneven burns and terrible taste. Then I had one that was fantastic.

The thing to remember is that there will ALWAYS be a dud in the bunch. Cigars are rolled by a person, people make mistakes.

Smoke another one and compare it, that's the best idea
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic torpedo

Also, if it looked like it had been sitting on the shelf for a good while that could be part of it. The moisture within the cigar itself could have settled down to one side of the smoke while sitting on the shelf, causing one end to burn slower than the other, though typically that only occurs after years of sitting and not being rotated.

The band could have been just a drop too much glue and just caught the wrapper enough to crack it when removing. Thats a common problem I have with Fuentes as they like to slather on the glue. The crack also could have contributed to the burn if it was on the same side as the end of the burn that was burning slowly.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote