Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Avallo Humidors

Yah box is here, Avallo 2000 with set and forget humility system, got it unpacked, wrestled it in, .... kind of pissed off at the "craftsmanship". For a box that took a couple extra months, there corners cut on this are really bumming me out. Overall it's a nice box, some of the stuff is a bit cheesy compared to Aristocrat, things like the water containers that are just plastic quart or so containers he chopped up with a box cutter and stuck a small computer fan on the top of, but that's not horrible just a difference I noticed.

It came well protected in shipping and packing so that's a good thing!

The two things that I'm actually upset about are the job that was done in staining the box and the "lock".

From a distance as long as you don't look at the stain job on the top and side ... it's gorgeous LOL

The stain job is, to me, for something I paid 1800 dollars for, complete crap, it's not hard to stain wood when you take months and months. See below

You can actually see that from across the room, there is a lighter uneven stripe showing.

The "seal" he uses is the cheapest crap you can buy and will soon be replaced by the foam weather stripping that bob used, I'll have to find some really thin stuff to make sure it works with the door and magnets, but again, really?

Then the lock which when you lock the box, the door is actually a bit loose, it's not a tight "lock" and there isn't much you can do about it because there isn't locking hardware on the wall, there is just a groove cut, so it' is what it is. Maybe the new weather stripping will help with that.

Over all for a 2 month or whatever delay and $1800 I would probably look elsewhere. Maybe I'm being picky but having had an aristocrat to compare this is sorely lacking in the craftsmanship and for the price too many corners were cut .. .or unstained and his lack of communication and when he does communicate well he came through on zero of the promises he made.

Happy to have a new box and finally get stuff out of the cooler, but the next one will come from somewhere else.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote