Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need some help pricing cigars...

I have a big box of cigars sitting here by my desk that I've been trying to get ready for sale and I finally managed to do it.
The problem is that I totally suck at cigar prices. Bad. I have no clue what anything costs, what they're worth, none of that stuff.

What I need is for someone who is really good at that stuff to take a quick look, tell me what they'd cost and what a good, cheap sell price is.
The lots are numbered 1-20, the pics are real good and self-explanatory, and it should only take anyone a few minutes.

If you'll pm me a numbered list in this format...
Lot 1, $50/$35
Lot 2, $75/$55
..it'd be a huge help and I'll hook you up with a fiver of something that's not in there for your trouble.

I don't want to have 20 guys wasting their time, so please post a reply here if you're gonna take a stab at it. I just need one or two lists and I'll average them and make up prices.
And please pm me the results, I don't think that info should be posted here.
It'll be posted on the for sale board as soon as I get time.

Link to the pics.

Thank You!!!
Scott
Old 04-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I need some help pricing cigars...

Send me the list, I could prolly price it out for you by tomorrow nite or fri.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

I will give it a shot Scott
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jaygee View Post
I will give it a shot Scott
I will give somebody else a shot that might be able to do it quicker. a couple things just came up here at work I need to take care of.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Art and Scott (sofaman) are gonna help out, so I'm in good shape, Jason.
Thanks, brother. I very much appreciate your willingness to help!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

That Padilla Achilles Toro in lot # 19 is a rarity. That was a CI special produced by Pepin just when he was hitting his stride. Ernie and Jose had a falling out (nasty by cigar business standards) and the Achilles came out again by Padilla and it was a Torpedo. Good cigar, but not the same as the original Achilles toro produced by Pepin.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Scott...those two Camachos on the right are the "Face Off". Extremely limited and very rare. Litto made a bet with Christian from Camacho...they both had to create a stick using the others tobacco. This was Litto's offering.

But I 'm certain you already knew this.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Scott...those two Camachos on the right are the "Face Off". Extremely limited and very rare. Litto made a bet with Christian from Camacho...they both had to create a stick using the others tobacco. This was Litto's offering.

But I certain you already knew this.
mellowed out over the years but still a tasty cigar.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
mellowed out over the years but still a tasty cigar.
Over the years = 11 years. These are from 2003.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Over the years = 11 years. These are from 2003.
i know how old they are Mac

thanks again Mac
Old 04-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

You've got more cigars than sense, you know that!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #12
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
i know how old they are Mac

thanks again Mac
I know that you know Jason. Others unfamiliar with these sticks may not.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Someone, and I can almost remember who, introduced me to the face-offs. I had a couple and immediately sought out a bunch more.
I thought I'd smoked them all until I found those in one of a bunch of bags I stuffed in the bottom of my big humidor.

Whenever my winador gets so full that I start smashing sticks every time I close a drawer, I clean it out, fill up a gallon ziplock, and hide them from myself.
I found tons of really wicked sticks while I've been cleaning out the big humi.
I should probably hit our rare/HTF thread and spread some of that stuff around!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
You've got more cigars than sense, you know that!
Yes, I do know that. And I still have about a billion more. It's gonna take me five years just to get this down to something manageable, Jamie. Ugh.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #15
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Looks like your having a CI history sale. Lot of those cigars bring back memories but thank goodness there were no Double Happiness cigars in that bunch.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #16
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Psst Scott....I like Lot 8 & Lot 1.......Just sayin'