Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #121
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2018 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Mets working toward a deal for Jose Bautista...WHY?????????????

Didn't they learn from watching his play with the Braves?
Signed him to a one year deal. Hoping he can provide the right handed power that's been missing.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #122
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Matt Harvey pitched 6 innings of 1 run baseball last night and got the win!

I was at the game and was a bit worried in the 1st when he loaded the bases, but got out of the jam.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/matt-h...ds/c-277889220
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #123
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Familia give up two runs in the ninth and blows another deGrom gem as we lose to the Marlins, 2-1. WOOHOO!!!!
Old 05-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #124
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

This is going to be the second time the Angels have moved Ohtani's start back to avoid the Yanks lineup.
I guess after the Red Sox put a beating on him, they don't want him exposed again.
Or is he that fragile?
If you're any type of competitor, how do you not demand the ball against the Yanks?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 AM   #125
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Brewers last night, 5-0. Matz picks up his second win (seems this is the only team he can beat). He worked his way out of a few jams.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #126
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Same reason Ohtani didn’t want to play for yankees, couldn’t handle the stress of playing in NY would rather play in LA and smoke weed! Dude would FLOP in playoffs if they make it, which they won’t! Let’s Go Yankees!
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #127
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets get SMOKED by the Brew Crew last night, 17-6. We were winning today and now they have beaten us, 8-7. The downward slide continues.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:52 AM   #128
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Mets get SMOKED by the Brew Crew last night, 17-6. We were winning today and now they have beaten us, 8-7. The downward slide continues.
Funny how you see it as a downward slide, yet I see it as the Mets being the Mets. Different strokes I guess?
Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM   #129
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Funny how you see it as a downward slide, yet I see it as the Mets being the Mets. Different strokes I guess?
Old 05-28-2018, 11:43 PM   #130
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Hey Dom & Keith...you two can blow it out your #@&!!!

We split a doubleheader today with the Braves...nice to come back after getting walked off in the first game. Barely keeping our heads above .500.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:52 AM   #131
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets finally beat the Braves yesterday, after getting walked off (AGAIN) the night before. Seems like everyone is on the DL...AGAIN!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #132
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Seems our team is made of glass.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #133
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Met drops yet another one. Watching the way we lose game is almost amusing. Over throwing cutoff men, outfielders not calling off infielders for fly balls and don't even get me started about the bullpen (minus Lugo & Gsellman). It's going to be a long summer. At least I get to see degrom & Syndergaard pitch...and then have the bullpen toss is away. First of the season...of which I'm certain there will be many more.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #134
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Going down the shitter real fast.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #135
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop the first two games to the Yankees this weekend...giving up the lead in both games. Only to shut out the Yankees tonight 2-0 (first time they've been shut out all season). Lugo limited that offense to three hits. Maybe he needs to be in the rotation... but who is going to pitch from the pen?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #136
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Mets need to reorganize the system. They are falling back fast in the East and with the Jeter Marlins adopting the Yankees way of building a minor league system the Mets are gonna find themselves a last place team for a long time.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #137
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Ohtani needs Tommy John surgery. Most likely done until 2020. Angels were as careful as they could be with him. Kept him on his 1 start a week schedule from Japan. Didn't hit in games he pitched in or the game before and after a start. All these pitchers blowing out their elbows I would love to know how much they pitched in little league up to pro ball. I agree with Tommy John that kids are throwing too much during the growing years and that is causing the injuries later in life.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #138
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Mets need to reorganize the system. They are falling back fast in the East and with the Jeter Marlins adopting the Yankees way of building a minor league system the Mets are gonna find themselves a last place team for a long time.
Agreed Ryan. But we cannot afford to trade degrom & Syndergaard to get it going. We DFA'ed Adrian Gonzalez and Lobaton...again. Lobaton provided absolutely nothing and Agon was only holding the fort down until Dominic Smith got healthy. But not sure Smith is the fit either.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #139
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

If the Mets think they can win in the next 2 years they should keep the pitching. If longer than that I would trade them. A great pitcher on a losing team is an unhappy pitcher. Get something for them now before losing them to free agency. How must deGrom feel that he could win the ERA crown with a losing record.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #140
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

But if you trade deGrom or Syndergaard...us Mets fans won't have anything to look forward to each week.