Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
jakesmokes

Default Smoking in Hawaii?

Morning all,

As I posted earlier, I am going to be spending some time in Hawaii here very soon. I'll be on Kona staying at a resort there. The resort itself is non smoking, but I am wondering about the beaches. From what I understand, all beaches in Hawaii are public. Are there any limitations with respect to smoking on public beaches in Hawaii? I think it would be nice to fire one up and walk along the beach occasionally. I have heard that Hawaii's smoking laws are pretty restrictive.. anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

David
Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Fia
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Fia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoking in Hawaii?

Wish I could tell you more about the big island but Im not familiar with their spots. I cant imagine it would be too bad unless you were in front of a crowded resort. Just an FYI if you need to restock on cigars there are two shops on that side of the island. Tobaccos of Hawaii in Kamuela and Mothers Antiques and Fine Cigars in Hawi.

Good Luck.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
BMack
Dreaming of Bolivars

First Name: Brian
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
BMack is on a distinguished road

Everyone is pretty relaxed on the islands so just stay away from the touristy areas and you should be fine. At worst, ask a local they will give you any info you need and more.

My Dad was from Maui and I've been there numerous times but only once to Big Island, if you have a chance make it to the north shore it's gorgeous. Also Hilo is really neat, it's almost like that city is stuck in another era. Kona is pretty touristy but 15 mins either way and you're in the country.

I would kill for a malasada right now! OMG!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

No smoking in enclosed public places and 20 or 50 feet (?) from doorways, windows and the like
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
No smoking in enclosed public places and 20 or 50 feet (?) from doorways, windows and the like
So... how is Hawaii? Find any way to enjoy a smoke with the restrictions? Hope you are having a great time in paradise.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

JOE!

Last time I was there we stayed 2 weeks in a house right on the beach in the puamana rentals in Lahaina, had a smoke nightly on the beach when we weren't camping. No idea how the OP made out hope he had a good time, almost assured

good seeing ya Joe
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Homebrewer
Love'm Tatuaje

Trading: (9)
Homebrewer is on a distinguished road

I was in Maui 7 years ago and I had no cigars with me. I found a coffee shop with a small cigar selection. I bought a cigar and lit it up in the parking lot where there happened to be a small farmers market going on. I lit up the cigar and a guy walked up to me and said, "You're not from around here are you? You can't smoke that here. Get that out of here!" I said, "I just bought this from that store right THERE! (pointing)." The guy says, "We don't do that here." Rather than cause a problem, I just walked across the street and smoked by the beach. Spirit of aloha my ass!
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote