Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
PenguinsFan88

Default Re: Properly Seasoning a New Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
No matter what you buy for humidification you need to season your humidor (unless you go with Tupperware or a cooler neither of which need to be seasoned). Beads would be put in your humidor after it has seasoned.

Not sure why you want your B&M to order for you; you can order hygrometers directly from many sites including Xikar, HCM or Heartfelt.
So season first before putting my beads in eh? Bingo.

As for hopefully trying to get what will be my local B&M to order my stuff after I move, I figure it's just easier that way. I know they can order the Xikar Executive lighter that I may want and have it for me in a day. Even if I have to pay em' a little more, why not?

As for humidifacation, I'm still not sure weather to go with the Heartfelt beads, or this.

http://xikar.com/popup_pix.asp?back=...0Crystal%20Jar

Same thing yes?

With all the different stuff available, it's confusing to know what's what. Last thing I want is to order something I don't need, or forget to order something that I do need.

Believe me, I will be one happy camper when I get my humi and get it all set up nicely. Then my only concern will be getting sticks or wondering which ones to buy.