Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Scott1966
Herf God

Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Scott1966 is on a distinguished road
Default Malfetano Belicoso

Malfetano Belicoso - 6 X 52. Wrapper - Honduran Criollo '98 Trojes Viso, Binder - Honduran Criollo '98 Trojes Seco, Filler - Honduran Trojes, Nicaraguan Halapa. Medium bodied.

Initial taste after lighting is that of spice and wood. Continuing on, flavors of wood, leather and spice were noted balanced nicely.

Around the halfway point, there was predominate flavors of cedar and leather with and underlying spiceiness. I also detected some orange peel flavors as well.

The last third, there was some changes with the flavors. The cedar was no longer present but the strong taste of leather and the spice remained along with the orange peel. It was in this last third of the cigar, that I noticed an earthiness underlying the other flavors.

Construction, burn and draw were perfect. Ash was a black and white color. I enjoyed this cigar's flavor profile and it had good complexity and nice balance. MSRP on this particular vitola is $8.30. I suggest giving this cigar a try, I think that you will enjoy it.
Scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote